free website stats program Question re Stage 1 SE Air Cleaner Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Question re Stage 1 SE Air Cleaner Kit

dsegler

I am preparing to install the SE Air Cleaner kit on a 2009 Road King. The instructions indicate that the fuel tank should be removed. Is this necessary? It appears that the installation can be done (carefully) without actual removal of the fuel tank. Thanks in advance for help from someone who has done this.

I have a SE a/c on my bike and remember the instructions saying to remove the tank. I had no problem installing it with the tank in place.

It may not be entirely necessary but it gives you a LOT more room to work with.

Removing the fuel tank is a 5 minute job if you follow your service manual step by step. Plus it gives you the chance to clean off the top of the rocker boxes and all those other places that remain hidden all those years under the tank!

Not required I think it also says to disconnect the battery,or pull the maxi fuse,that is also not neccessary unless like was said you feel like getting in a good cleaning...

Pulling Maxi-Fuse and allowing fuel pressure to dissipate is just a precaution if you inadvertently sever a line or have an errant spark while working around a fuel tank...maybe 99% of the time nothing happens!

But let something happen just once...accidents happen, thats why they are called that. Do it as a matter of course...costs nothing to take decent precautions. Takes a lot of time and bucks if it happens just once...if you are around to fix the damages.

OK if you want to go through all that trouble thats fine but,original question was is it required..answer no..matter o fact im 30 miles away bring the beer ill help..Tom...

I left the tank mine (06 RK) with no problems. I did use a fair amount of that blue painters tape while doing the exhaust and AC upgrades. It protects painted and chrome surfaces and comes off easy with no residue.

Back