free website stats program Pushrod | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pushrod

------------------------------------------------------------
I have done many bikes with the Fully adjustables and on my last one, 09 FLHR, used the HD as mentioned above. No Noise there..

Thanks BUBBIE for that Info. I have never done a cam change out and don’t think I will. But I like to gather as much information about anything that I’m thinking about having done to my deluxe. That’s why I joined this forum. Personally I have never put much stock in what the service people say at my local HD shop and that’s where I was told the adjustable pushrod are noisy. After all I have read it would be crazy to go thru all the trouble to keep the stock pushrods when the adjustable ones work fine. What I’m considering doing this winter is taking out the stock cam and going with the ES 204 to give me a little more power when I go to pass cars on a two lane road.

Thanks BUBBIE for that Info. I have never done a cam change out and don’t think I will. But I like to gather as much information about anything that I’m thinking about having done to my deluxe. That’s why I joined this forum. Personally I have never put much stock in what the service people say at my local HD shop and that’s where I was told the adjustable pushrod are noisy. After all I have read it would be crazy to go thru all the trouble to keep the stock pushrods when the adjustable ones work fine. What I’m considering doing this winter is taking out the stock cam and going with the ES 204 to give me a little more power when I go to pass cars on a two lane road.
Don't forget to change to hydraulic cam chain tensioners, higher output oil pump and upgrade the inner cam bearings to torringtons, while you are in there. You'll be glad you did.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Don't forget to change to hydraulic cam chain tensioners, higher output oil pump and upgrade the inner cam bearings to torringtons, while you are in there. You'll be glad you did.

Thanks Rich, I still on the fence about it because I only have 6500 miles on it. Your thoughts please…..

Thanks Rich, I still on the fence about it because I only have 6500 miles on it. Your thoughts please…..

You can use yours for quiet a while yet. 6500 miles is very LOW..

Only thing is, no one can Predict WHEN the shoes WILL go bad.

Full "Kit" from HD is 429$ and with a few more parts, engine side Full bearings (2) and gasket (1) 10$, tapered adj. push-rods 140$.. under 600$ plus labor if done out.
This is about the cost and IF apart, I Would do the conversion.. Kit comes with better-bigger flow oil pump,,, Cam support plate,, Hydraulic followers show no problems. No more Worry about the Orange Shoes chipping off into the oil.

This system will give you the latest up-dates that HAVE proven GOOD results on the newer bikes of today.

signed....BUBBIE

If you have the green, you will need to pull all that stuff anyway, to get the cams out. If it were me, I would not put the same stuff back in. New lifters, and the rest. For me, it would be worth the peace of mind.

If you were not going after the cams, my opinion is you could go to somewhere after 20K before you would need to check the tensioner shoes.

In any case, please report the condition of your tensioner shoes...maybe pics, and what has been used for engine lube.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back