free website stats program Pushrod | Harley Davidson Forums

Pushrod

mydeluxe

On a 2005 v-twin 88B when you replace the cam can you do the job with out pulling the heads off ? What I’m trying to do is keep the same pushrods and not put in the adjustable ones (to noisy) . Thanks

better check the cams, some require valve spring replacement also. That would require head pulling.

And claying the pistons to check for proper clearances,( Only if you are going with a lot of lift):s

How about asking the right question? will the cam being used run with the stock pushrods? If so tyhen you need to remove the rocker box covers and loosen or remove the rocker arms to lift the pushrod out of the way. IT's easier and quicker to go with the adjustables and cut the stock ones out with a bolt cutter.

On a 2005 v-twin 88B when you replace the cam can you do the job with out pulling the heads off ? What I’m trying to do is keep the same pushrods and not put in the adjustable ones (to noisy) . Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------
I'd have to Not agree on this too noisy statement.. Never for me.

If the adjustable push rods are Adjusted Properly and the brand of push rod is of Slender (not to rub) high quality.. I would go with them.
SE from HD makes a good slender tapered set for about 134$

I have done many bikes with the Fully adjustables and on my last one, 09 FLHR, used the HD as mentioned above. No Noise there..

actually had Less noise than the ""ONE size fits ALL"" that harley uses...

Think here about the ""one size fits all"".. like a Shoe on your foot, Would You like to have a little adjustment like a 1/2 size or be stuck with a 10 when you need a 9.5 or the other way around...

I took time to do EXACTING adjustments when I installed my set to the new SE255 cams.. I sure like the SOUND the cams and lifter make now..... Really Smooth... Better than off the show room floor.

signed....BUBBIE

Along the same lines as Bubbie, I don't see why properly adjusted adjustable pushrods would make any more noise than solids.

Back