free website stats program Pullback Risers on 2010 FXDC | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pullback Risers on 2010 FXDC

You may want to look again. The FXDC has the same console as the previous version of the WG, 4" and shorter pullback riser will not work as the console sits up higher than most, it will hit when turning the bars.

I've no problem with clearance. I was even able to roll the bars back to get them even closer. Had to adjust the mirrors and switches but no biggie and I'm 100% more comfortable now.

I think you'll be glad you did, Ishmael....I love riding in your part of the country. Looking forward to visiting the Maggie Valley area again soon. I'm planning on riding the entire BRP this season. I can be in Maggie in 5 hours. The riser mod was relatively easy and not too expensive. Hope it works out for you.

Got the 6" pullbacks from Harley today. I'll probably install them Monday. I'll keep you guys posted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installed the HD 6" kickback risers this morning with the poly bushings. Relatively simple, no cable issues. Feels like its gonna make a world of difference. It's warming up to almost 60 today so I'll be testing it out. Thanks for the advice!
hi danthern and sorry for the basic questions below but i am new to al this. i would like to do exactly the same as you...i.e. add pull back risers but avoid rewiring. i see you installed 6' risers...you said it was pretty straight forward...was there literally no re-routing? also, what are the poly bushings for..are they HD parts? ......and, finally, i am 6ft 1'...do you think 6' risers would be good for me? cheers and thanks for any help you can give on this.

hi danthern and sorry for the basic questions below but i am new to al this. i would like to do exactly the same as you...i.e. add pull back risers but avoid rewiring. i see you installed 6' risers...you said it was pretty straight forward...was there literally no re-routing? also, what are the poly bushings for..are they HD parts? ......and, finally, i am 6ft 1'...do you think 6' risers would be good for me? cheers and thanks for any help you can give on this.

No problems with the existing cables, left them as they were. The poly bushings are supposed to be better than the stock one, they are HD parts. If you want to raise your bars and/or bring them closer I think you'll be happy with this mod. I'm very pleased with mine

sorry for delay - been away - thanks to you Danthern and diver4life for your feedback. definately need these - did long ride recently and think my arms a couple of inches longer - so perhaps i only need the 4' risers! cheers

After reading this thread, I asked my Harley dealer to install 6" pullback risers, on my 2011 FXDC Dyna Super Gide Custom, during my next servicing (16,000 Kilometers). They have replied that the 6" risers would require replacing the wiring, as they feel the throttle or clutch or whatever could engage while turning sharpley. I don't want to comprimise the bike in any way, and I do not want to install risers for $1,500.00, so I opted for the 4" pullback risers. I would prefer the 6" but looks like I get the 4". Golly & Gosh!! Anyways, What are your thoughts??

Back