free website stats program Pullback Risers on 2010 FXDC | Harley Davidson Forums

Pullback Risers on 2010 FXDC

danthern

I'd like to have my bars closer to me. In looking at some other posts here the general opinion is that a pullback riser can be installed without changing cables. Anyone had experience with this that can make a recommendation on which riser would give the most pullback? I've already rolled the bars back a bit but it's not enough. Not really interested in height, but if it comes with it thats ok. I just don't want to have to change the cables. Is it a easy do it yourself install? Thanks for any help in advance.

I'd like to have my bars closer to me. In looking at some other posts here the general opinion is that a pullback riser can be installed without changing cables. Anyone had experience with this that can make a recommendation on which riser would give the most pullback? I've already rolled the bars back a bit but it's not enough. Not really interested in height, but if it comes with it thats ok. I just don't want to have to change the cables. Is it a easy do it yourself install? Thanks for any help in advance.

Danthern, I have an '07 FXD and replaced the bars with those from a FXDC to get the added width. Installation was easy and the cables fit just fine. I seem to recall having to remove the headlight for access to the half inch mounting bolts under to the top triple tree.

Later tried the Drag Specialties 2.5" pullback risers with the FXDC bars. They fit as intended and the cables still worked fine with no strain, but the wiring was a bit tighter than stock. I liked the pullback feel but removed them as the handlebar mounted speedometer became too vertical for use. Something like this should work for you as your speedo is tank mounted.

The risers are part 59-6331 in black. Presumably there is a chrome version available. The only criticism is the four holes for the handlebar mount are not threaded so you'd need to purchase nuts. The underside is recessed for the nuts, however.

Attachments

• IMG_3849.JPG
    IMG_3849.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3850.JPG
    IMG_3850.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3852.JPG
    IMG_3852.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 71
I am a real convert for HD MoCo 4 inch Pull back Risers. I added the Urethane Bushings while I was changing over. Can't swear that they were worth it. The 2 inches of pull back made the ride comfort so very much better for me at least. Cables and wiring absolutely NO problems.

Photos Attached

GARY

Attachments

• Before side view.jpg
    Before side view.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 4 inch Pull back Risers Installed.jpg
    4 inch Pull back Risers Installed.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 147
Thanks guys...This should be a cheap, easy and beneficial mod....You don't get many of those! Thanks again

I am a real convert for HD MoCo 4 inch Pull back Risers. I added the Urethane Bushings while I was changing over. Can't swear that they were worth it. The 2 inches of pull back made the ride comfort so very much better for me at least. Cables and wiring absolutely NO problems.

Photos Attached

GARY

BTW, what is that red beauty in the background?

Hey I don't want to steal a thread with my Photo.....
That is just one of my TOO MANY HOBBIES......restoring "old" FORDS.
seems I have 31 Model A Vicky in the works, a 66 F-100 Custom in the works, and......distracting from the FXDC in the foreground is my 34 Tudor Sedan Retro Rod with a built Flathead V8 with dual Stromberg carbs, Hi compression aluminum heads, Mallory electronic ignition, Headers and Dual Exhaust.....'nuff' said unless you are looking for a 34 then PM me. :small3d007:

GARY

Got the 6" pullbacks from Harley today. I'll probably install them Monday. I'll keep you guys posted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installed the HD 6" kickback risers this morning with the poly bushings. Relatively simple, no cable issues. Feels like its gonna make a world of difference. It's warming up to almost 60 today so I'll be testing it out. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back