free website stats program protecting rear fender with 2 up seat | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

protecting rear fender with 2 up seat

Nothing says you can't hedge your bets and do both - protective film on the fender and soft, cushioning material on the bottom of the seat.

HMMM, kinda like extendrd warranty another great idea, Thanks Dr, for future refferance:s

Where can you buy the 3M scotch tape?

Almost anywhere, try Wally world or Office Depot:s

I'm afraid we're talking about two different products here! Yes, Scotch tape is sold at just about every office or hardware store in the world. The stuff I was talking about is a clear protective film thicker than regular tape used by painters, I think. I would check the company"s website or talk to someone knowledgeable at your local paint store.

I'm afraid we're talking about two different products here! Yes, Scotch tape is sold at just about every office or hardware store in the world. The stuff I was talking about is a clear protective film thicker than regular tape used by painters, I think. I would check the company"s website or talk to someone knowledgeable at your local paint store.

How about Napa, they carry 3 m paint products and supplies:s

I stuck the 1 inch pads to the seat itself and as someone said before the dust has got in between and caused 2 rub marks down the fender. I think the carpet attached to the seat or the mouse pad sounds good.Unless the scotch tape is moulded cut exactly to shape the fender surely you would get wrinkles which would defeat the purpose?

I've just found adhesive felt strips from the hardware store. I have stuck the strips down each side on the bottom of the seat itself-wish i'd found this before trying the harley issue pads which do sweet nothing....

I bought some leather overpants, and cut them to my length. Just so happens, that the soft leather I cut off is just right for under the two-up seat. My paint has done no further deterioration since the leather was used under the seat. I switch between the Corbin "Hollywood Solo" and my stock, two up seat. In addition, when I have the solo installed, I have a nice, felt-lined leather fender bib, which covers up any paint imperfections that there may be.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I would be careful about carpet rubbing on the paint, as a carpet installer, I have seen the abrasive effects of carpet fibers on woodwork like baseboard and door casing.

I bought a fender bib,sold by H-D. This seems to do the job. I too switch seats periodically, and I have throwover bags between the seat and fender. I believe I paid around 50 dollars (US) for this item, I leave this on permanently.

Back