free website stats program proper oil filter? | Harley Davidson Forums

proper oil filter?

nramike

I recently had a K&N oil filter installed and switched to amsoil. I was reading another post talking about differences in filter media size for different engines. Since the switch, I have noticed a little more noise from the engine when hot and idling. Can the wrong filter be mounted and restricting oil flow or is it just my imagination? It is a 98 dyna.:newsmile091:

They 98 being an evo used a 30 micron filter. I don't think the ones you listed are the 30 micron, it's entirely possible the noises you hear are being caused by the smaller filter media.

No substitute for the HD filters to be sure.

Synthetic oil is not dependant on viscosity to do it's job.Because of that it's a bit thinner than mineral based oil and will not dampen noise as well as mineral oil.Not a problem but can be annoying.The K&N is a good filter as is Amsoil and OEM Harley.Avoid Fram at all costs.

Why change from K&N is it the micron thing? I love them because of the nut on the end, so easy to change.

Does anyone have a parts manual for a 2005 Electra Glide Standard? I am going to change the fluids in all the holes, and I am going to check the cam chain tensioners while I am in there. Just wanted to know what parts I would need.

Thanks

Does anyone have a parts manual for a 2005 Electra Glide Standard? I am going to change the fluids in all the holes, and I am going to check the cam chain tensioners while I am in there. Just wanted to know what parts I would need.

Thanks

Check the Help section, the tensioner's should be O.K. till at least 25,000 miles then check them.

Back