free website stats program progressive touring stabilizer | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

progressive touring stabilizer

Just installed on a 2000 electra glide. Works great. No problems. Install was not as easy as everyone said, but, not bad. 80 mph on highway, one hand, no problems.

I got mine installed Thursday (it took me about an hour) and went out for a 60 mile ride yesterday. The roads finally dried out and the temp hit 40. The bike did seem more stable than before on fast sweepers after hitting a bump. Also, there seemed to be a bit more vibration at low rpm's, but at cruise speed around 3,000 rpm and above it seemed to be smoother than before. Seems to be a good addition.

I got mine installed Thursday (it took me about an hour) and went out for a 60 mile ride yesterday. The roads finally dried out and the temp hit 40. The bike did seem more stable than before on fast sweepers after hitting a bump. Also, there seemed to be a bit more vibration at low rpm's, but at cruise speed around 3,000 rpm and above it seemed to be smoother than before. Seems to be a good addition.

Dave - great to hear from you!

Can you describe the low RPM vibration a bit more? Where did you feel it? Did it gradually taper off as the RPM's increased or just stop at a certain RPM? Is it worse sitting at a stop idling?

Thanks!

Hi Doc,

I haven't really had enough time on the bike to be too definitive. I did notice a bit more vibration in the floorboards at lower rpm's (idle wasn't any different). I was cruising at 70mph when I just all of a sudden noticed the bike was very smooth.

This winter has been too long. We are expecting more snow this week.

Dave

Back