Votes: 175 14.7%
  • ATF

Votes: 47 4.0%
  • Doesn't Matter

Votes: 22 1.9%
  • OTHER (Please specify)

Votes: 98 8.3%

• Total voters
The torx screws are #27 TORX ...NOT # 25. That's the biggest mistake most make in removing them and as a result they strip them out.

The amsoil people are using is it the synthetic 20-50? Now I found the mobile 1 v twin syn not sure which one to use in primary, which is better? By the sound of oils it would sure be nice to get the spectro oils in Canada, most oils quite expensive.

The amsoil people are using is it the synthetic 20-50? Now I found the mobile 1 v twin syn not sure which one to use in primary, which is better? By the sound of oils it would sure be nice to get the spectro oils in Canada, most oils quite expensive.

You can always have it shipped to you Spectro Oils of America

I am currently running SYN3 in the engine and primary. I just put the Amsoil Severe Gear 75-110 in the Tranny. I haven't had a chance to really ride, but I did go down my driveway and back (about 1/4 mile). I kept the bike in 1st gear the whole way and never heard the whine that I have become used to.I am planning on changing the engine and primary to Amsoil 20-50 Motorcycle Oil the next change. After reading here on the forum not to use oil with friction modifiers in the primary, I went back to check the 20-50 from Amsoil. The info on the site says that it is good for use in the primary because they do not add friction modifiers to the oil. Basically the same thing that it says on the back of the SYN3 bottle.

Use ATF in automatic transmissions and something that is made for the primary in the primary:s

Would you use gear lube in the engine?

It's been posted a few times and the consensus is split with some clutch manufacturers actually recommending the ATF for their discs. Not to say it's the best for the chain and other parts in the primary IMO.

Hi everyone, I read about 4 pages of all the lubricant recommendations for Harley bikes but have yet to see one note about what I should use in my 06 Sportster with 7k miles on it. It's a 1200, 5 speed and I've had Syn 3 in all three holes for about 3k miles and seems to be working. However I've noticed there are alot of people against Syn 3, suggesting using different weights and brands and right now I'm pretty confused specifically regarding my Sportster. It's time for me to change lubricants so how about some advice for me? Thanks.

Back