free website stats program Primary Fill Level ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Primary Fill Level ?

It's a 2008
..... I guess...A few onces won't be a big deal either way I guess...If the clutch asct goofy I will drain a bit out.
Thanks

A few ounces difference can indeed make a difference with clutch drag and ease of shifting. . .

I drained out 2 ounces and was surprised at the difference re clutch drag. Used a turkey baster, slips in the fill notch at the bottom just perfectly, has ½ ounce markings, making it easy to draw out measured amounts. Next time I would do 1 ounce increments and test.

At first it’s hard to see the clutch basket edge, even with a flashlight, but doable.

Glider, with the primary cover installed, it is very difficult for me to SEE that fill line as your pix indicates. Mine is a 2001 heritage and the owners manual - in the CAPACITY section, calls for approx 26 oz in the primary BUT in the 'checking chaincase lub section it says the primary capacity is 32 ozs? Which one should I be going by. Remember, I said in an earlier post - I drained 32 ozs out of primary. The dealer put in a full qt - is that right? or is it supposed to be 26 ozs? I ask, because I can not see the fill line and tell where the level is.

Thanks
Bill

Back