free website stats program Power Duels Scraping | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Duels Scraping

glen073

Was doing some chrome cleaning today and noticed the underneath part of my power duels on right side have been scraping. One spot just under the right floorboard support bracket and two more at the junction of the two into one into two area. This obviously occurred at times when I thought it was my right floorboard scraping, but the board was smooth. This is on my 2010 FLHTK. Does anyone know if the stock HD two into one into two headers do the samething?

glen073-albums-2010+flhtk-picture5592-hard_right_locked_turn_with_no_use_of_rear_brake.jpg

Doing it when leaning just a little further than this.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say is you da man. I enjoyed the fact that when the city police came to the shop they never backed their bikes up. They would just lean the bike over and turn around inside a parking space and head the other way.

Here is a photo taken a couple of months ago making a hard left turn. I zoomed in on the area in question and can see the scrapes. Here is a picture.
glen073-albums-2010+flhtk-picture5988-scrapes_on_power_duel.jpg

All I can say is you da man. I enjoyed the fact that when the city police came to the shop they never backed their bikes up. They would just lean the bike over and turn around inside a parking space and head the other way.

That's what I just retired from at the end of 09. I tend to scrape a lot of boards up, but didn't know the power duels would reach.

Sounds like if you are having no height/fit issues, you should probably raise the bike an inch or two to give you more clearance. This would mean slightly stiffer and longer shocks out back and stiffer springs and higher fluid level up front. Talk to Progressive or your preferred suspension manufacturer or tuner.

The other thing is to modify your riding style a bit to "stand" the bike up more in tight turns by pushing more on the outside peg and hanging your body a little more towards the inside of the turn...this is a standard "racer ploy" to compensate for poor ground clearance on steep banked turns if physical changes to the bike are not possible and is the easiest way to gain precious clearance without scraping hard parts.

All I can say is "wow!" I'd love to be able to ride like that! As far as the power duals are concerned, I would think that the stock heat shield would scrape a lot sooner. The bracket for the power duals raises the header pipe a small amount from stock. I could be wrong here, but I was pretty sure there was gained ground clearance with the V&H setup.

Up to this point, I had convinced myself that scraping metal on the ultra wasn't possible, and I was as good a rider as possible on the machine... thanks for snapping me back to reality!!! :small3d007:

Glen, so far i'm ok. I've scraped my foot a couple of times since I tend to ride with my feet hanging a bit off the board. I'm running with 50 lbs in my shocks even one up since for my weight that's what Harley recommends. I knew I got real close a couple of times, but I've been real careful because V & H web site warned of possible clearence issues.

Was doing some chrome cleaning today and noticed the underneath part of my power duels on right side have been scraping. One spot just under the right floorboard support bracket and two more at the junction of the two into one into two area. This obviously occurred at times when I thought it was my right floorboard scraping, but the board was smooth. This is on my 2010 FLHTK. Does anyone know if the stock HD two into one into two headers do the samething?

Doing it when leaning just a little further than this.

Glen073, please resize your photos to a website friendly 800 x 600 max or they will be removed. When large they are slow to load or lock up threads. Thanks...

ok, will do in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah my toe hits too. I guess I will use that as a guide.lol

Back