free website stats program Power Duels Scraping | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Duels Scraping

I always wondered this w/V&H dresser & power duels. They seem to hang pretty low at the bend(s) and I was worried about clearance. Probably not a huge issue, something to think about during certain riding situations.

I always wondered this w/V&H dresser & power duels. They seem to hang pretty low at the bend(s) and I was worried about clearance. Probably not a huge issue, something to think about during certain riding situations.

I can imangine on a FLHX the chances of scraping would be much higher with the shorter shocks.

All I can say is you da man. I enjoyed the fact that when the city police came to the shop they never backed their bikes up. They would just lean the bike over and turn around inside a parking space and head the other way.

Wish I could ride mine like that. If I had a loaner bike I didn't care if it got dropped I would work on that skill...when I scrape it's mostly an accident and not anything I tried to do.

I can imangine on a FLHX the chances of scraping would be much higher with the shorter shocks.

Definitely agree - especially if you're scraping. Even though I really liked/wanted the V&H duals, this is why I had to steer clear. Just heading out my driveway is tricky b/c it slopes down to the street & I've hit floorboard @ bottom while driving off.

I have a 2011 FLHTK did the same thing. The X Pipe Shield is scrapped because of my riding style. I had a 2008 Street Glide with V&H True Duels and would only scrape the floor boards or my heal but never the pipes with the same riding style. Great Exhaust, except for the ground clearance.

I have a 2011 FLHTK did the same thing. The X Pipe Shield is scrapped because of my riding style. I had a 2008 Street Glide with V&H True Duels and would only scrape the floor boards or my heal but never the pipes with the same riding style. Great Exhaust, except for the ground clearance.

That's where mine scraped. Just under the X pipe area. My 04 Road Glide with Rinehart True Duels have never scraped. Just the boards.

I contacted V&H and they are sending me a one time replacement of the X-pipe shield, maybe they know something is wrong with the design. I am not going to put the new shield on until this one is gone. As you mentioned before you can only see it when cleaning. You should give them a call too.

I've used V&H for the past 10 yrs on both of my HDs. I love their customer service and any problems I've run into (very few), they sent me replacement parts no questions asked. Heck I even sent them an email asking about reusing the torca clamps on my mufflers and they told me a new set was in the mail, free of charge!

I've seen some Power Duals that are on e-bay that are used and the seller noted scrapes right where we are talking about. I also saw a SG being backed off a ramp at Biketoberfest and when the back tire came off the flat part onto the sloped ramp, my gosh I thought the Power Duals were going to scrape!! It seemed like it was only an 1" or less clearance.

I'm still keeping an eye out for a nice used set of Power Duals for my 09 RG.

Ride safe and have fun.

Back