free website stats program POLICE BAGGER-Need help | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

POLICE BAGGER-Need help

standard controls from H-D will work fine and they have long cables. do yourself a favor and buy the police wiring manual. when you get a chance, rewire the bike to the civilian model using the service manual and the police manual. you made need to purchase the appropriate harness pieces. i called Ladd Ind. for the deustch connectors on my '01 rk. makes it a lot easier using just 1 manual when you need to check out the wiring if you have a problem.

I was wanting to install a set of aftermarket rims on the bike. the rear is the same but the front is a 21 inch. Was told that the wheels will show differnt speeds when trying to stop- mainly the front 21 inch, and it could cause a system fault light or cause a unsafe ride when braking, causing the front abs to kick in and out. I didnt know if the abs was on a differnt computer or on the delfi computer.

By installing non ABS wheel bearings there is nothing to sense wheel speed.

I was wanting to install a set of aftermarket rims on the bike. the rear is the same but the front is a 21 inch. Was told that the wheels will show differnt speeds when trying to stop- mainly the front 21 inch, and it could cause a system fault light or cause a unsafe ride when braking, causing the front abs to kick in and out. I didnt know if the abs was on a differnt computer or on the delfi computer.

The ABS module is seperate from the Deli module, The easiest way to deactivate the ABS would be to pull the ABS fuse or unplug the module.

My 2000 FLHP uses the same manual as a regular Roadking and then there is a Police supplement manual with the differences. So far (and believe me I have had everything off this bike ) I have had no issues using standard manual except for wiring. All the parts I have installed as replacements (including cruise control) worked just fine after I did some rewiring. As stated above check wiring carefully as I have had issues with the wiring "removal" job they did when de-commissioning it as a police motorcycle. Also as stated, what happens when you pull the ABS fuse? Try it and if all appears to work (minus warning lights) then you should be able to just leave it with fuse removed and re-route lines. I would keep it working if it was me but your bike , your choice. : )

Thanks everyone. I got my bars and switches and standard roadking manual, but I am low on funds and am starting a new job. So would anyone have the wiring diagram for a 07 FLHP and be able to post it so I could get started. I would be so, so, so,Grateful. The funds are just real tight right now. Also does anyone know if abs brake lines are difernt from standard brake lines. Thanks agin everyone, I love this fourm and consider everyone here a friend. I talk to everyone about HDTALKING, If you have a harley youneed to be on this site.

Thanks everyone. I got my bars and switches and standard roadking manual, but I am low on funds and am starting a new job. So would anyone have the wiring diagram for a 07 FLHP and be able to post it so I could get started. I would be so, so, so,Grateful. The funds are just real tight right now. Also does anyone know if abs brake lines are difernt from standard brake lines. Thanks agin everyone, I love this fourm and consider everyone here a friend. I talk to everyone about HDTALKING, If you have a harley youneed to be on this site.

i have one for my 05 RKP but i don't think it would help you. the wiring supplement manual is 60$ at HD. there is a lot to it and i don't think i would scan very well, i might try anyway and if so i will send it to you

Thanks, Im starting tomarrow with the wiring. Cut and splice!!! This will be my first handle bar swap by myself. I am looking forward to the ride but am a little afraid of the electrical. I am just going to have to take my sweet time and check everything a bunch of times. getting throttle and clutch cables tomarrow so its time to start. "KEEP IT COMING & THANKS!!!!!!:guitar

Back