free website stats program Pledge Uses | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge Uses

Cleaned my bike this weekend then polished it up with Pledge and I realized another benefit of using Pledge that I have not yet seen posted. It's that infernal white wax line that is always left behind in every crack and seam when you apply wax. Used to drive me crazy. USED TO !!! Don't get it Pledge :D

I use Pledge on the black flake painted parts on my Fat Bob(i.e. primary cover, tranny side cover, and the black plastic side covers for the battery etc.) it works great, but that's all I use it on. I don't use it on my paint, or my chrome, or my aluminum wheels or aluminum parts. There are far better things to use on these surfaces. I have many years of professional detailing experience to support my opinions, but hey, each to his own school of thought right? IMO Pledge is for furniture, but do whatever makes you happy.

Hi Y'all

I don't mean to be a troublemaker but I emailed SC Johnson about using Pledge on my Sportster. I got a reply from Marlena of the Consumer Relationship Center and she says: "we do not recommend using Pledge Furniture Polish on any type of painted automotive exterior."

I don't know if the stuff y'all are using is different than what she is writing about but it made me stop and look for something else.

A guy a Autogeek said that a spray carnauba wax by Pinnacle Souveran would provide good UV protection, give a smooth wax surface but not change the satin finish on the denim type clear coat finishes. Only drawback is this wax is pricey at $24.95 for a 16oz bottle.

Hope I don't get flamed for this but thought I would point it out being from the horse's mouth.

Alan

Hi Y'all

I don't mean to be a troublemaker but I emailed SC Johnson about using Pledge on my Sportster. I got a reply from Marlena of the Consumer Relationship Center and she says: "we do not recommend using Pledge Furniture Polish on any type of painted automotive exterior."

I don't know if the stuff y'all are using is different than what she is writing about but it made me stop and look for something else.

A guy a Autogeek said that a spray carnauba wax by Pinnacle Souveran would provide good UV protection, give a smooth wax surface but not change the satin finish on the denim type clear coat finishes. Only drawback is this wax is pricey at $24.95 for a 16oz bottle.

Hope I don't get flamed for this but thought I would point it out being from the horse's mouth.

Alan

Many of us have used alot of pledge on our bikes and never had a problem.
Something to think about if this clear coat we keep hearing about is damaged by just about everything you do to it why have it.
If you would like I can show you pictures of a 14 year old FB thats has had a lot of Pledge on it and a my 07 RG thats gets lots of pledge used on it also.
The clear coat never looked better.
But I would never use wax on my bike just not need on these new finishes they make much better products like ice for them now

If you are not using pledge by now you must be living under a rock! Glider has been using it sooooo long he must smell like a lemon! LOL! It has been proven over and over, have no fear! Honestly, the stuff is amazing.

Seriously all, I have retrieved the can of pledge from the house for the last time. :newsmile055: I told my wife for the last time to get her OWN can! :bigsmiley8:

Back