free website stats program Pledge Uses | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge Uses

glider

Veteran Member
Many questions have been asked about the use of Pledge on the bikes. Just to clarify it and keep it handy as a reference, here's what you can use it on.

It can be used on paint, chrome, windshields, rims or any other hard surfaces requiring cleaning and shining but some common sense areas like brake rotors etc. should not get pledge used on them. (just about anything)
I used it to clean my bike even if there was light dust on it but if it needed a washing, it got washed first before using the Pledge.

The only places that I don't suggest using it on is the tires and other rubber parts due to the make up of the product that could cause deterioration of the rubber parts with repeated use.
Leather is another place I don't suggest using it on either.
I use old "T" shirts to wipe it off and if you spray it on the surface, use it sparingly and wipe off turning the cloth as you go. Over applying it will usually result in streaking but can be removed with a clean cloth.

tn542s3.jpg

Does a good job of keeping the bike new looking. I never used anything but pledge on mine and here's the proof.

Here's the ingredients in Pledge...

Chemical analysis of Pledge Furniture Polish - Harley Davidson Community

Nothing but Pledge ever used!

tn544s3.jpg

Last edited:
Just started using pledge after all the talk I,ve heard on it. Got lots of comments on the way the bike looked. Real good stuff. I also find when I spray it all over my body I look like those weightlifters in magazines nearly. At 67 years young I need all the help I can get. lol

I use the "streak free" hand pump pledge. The aerosol pledge works great, but on my black pearl bike it took a little more wiping. The streak free is perfect. I spray onto a micro fiber rag lightly and then wipe down. It could not be easier!

I use the "streak free" hand pump pledge. The aerosol pledge works great, but on my black pearl bike it took a little more wiping. The streak free is perfect. I spray onto a micro fiber rag lightly and then wipe down. It could not be easier!

Thanks for this info Walleye... I will try the ''Streak Free'' on my black RK:cheers.

I have been reading up on the use of Pledge on my bike, from the manufactures web site, other forums and a basic Google Search. Now I know you are pro Pledge. I have read that the prolonged use of Pledge will strip your wax and has no UV protection for your paint and should only be used for periodic cleaning. What say you? I have tried it, it works as you stated very well. Do I still need to use a good quality wax a couple times a year?

Back