free website stats program Pledge is great cleaner | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge is great cleaner

Please help me out; Do you mean you use Pledge(Lemon) to clean your bikes in place of water and soap?

Only if you wanna scratch the crap out of your paint and chrome as you drag the Pledge and dirt mixture around the shiny surfaces.

Wash your bike with water and soap to remove dirt and other debris. A high pressure wand will get places fingers can't. The Pledge is used as a detailer only.

Whoa!

Wash your bike with water and soap to remove dirt and other debris. A high pressure wand will get places fingers can't. The Pledge is used as a detailer only.

Whoa!

The use of a high pressure wand should be used(if at all) with EXTREME caution !!!! IMO!!!!! Take more than dirt off your scoot with it.. : hii

I advise against any high pressure wands or power washers on these bikes. There are a lot of places that water can get that will make you sorry you did it. They may be water resistant in some cases but not water proof and the pressure will force the water into many places that will give you problems.

I advise against any high pressure wands or power washers on these bikes. There are a lot of places that water can get that will make you sorry you did it. They may be water resistant in some cases but not water proof and the pressure will force the water into many places that will give you problems.

I agree with a caveat.
I use the pressure washer at a very reasonable distance and only for initial washing away road grit and rinsing of soap that has been applied by hand. I always keep an angle on the water hitting chrome or paint surfaces to prevent from pushing hard particulate into softer finishes. I don't reach into areas of the motor or chassis I can't see.

But c'mon.... someone was gonna drag dirt and Pledge around their paint and chrome with a rag.
Honestly!:bigsmiley4:

I agree with a caveat.
I use the pressure washer at a very reasonable distance and only for initial washing away road grit and rinsing of soap that has been applied by hand. I always keep an angle on the water hitting chrome or paint surfaces to prevent from pushing hard particulate into softer finishes. I don't reach into areas of the motor or chassis I can't see.

But c'mon.... someone was gonna drag dirt and Pledge around their paint and chrome with a rag.

POINT TAKEN !!!!! :58:

I agree with a caveat.

I wash it if it's dirty first but would never use any pressure, only an open hose to rinse and only below the tank. The hi pressure forces the water into places where it shouldn't be and has caused grief for many afterwards.

POINT TAKEN !!!!! :58:
I've been spanked.
Sorry if I embarrassed anyone. Wasn't my intent.
I've done more stupid things than there are posts in this forum.:bigsmiley25:

I wash it if it's dirty first but would never use any pressure, only an open hose to rinse and only below the tank. The hi pressure forces the water into places where it shouldn't be and has caused grief for many afterwards.

Maybe I'll rethink my use of the pressure washer.
I just love to use things that make a lot of noise.

Gotta find some of this S100.
I've used WD40 on bike engines when hot before to remove greasy dirt.
Any thoughts on that practice? I've done it for years with no apparent ill affects.

Look at me I'm growing.:bigsmiley9:

Back