free website stats program Pledge is great cleaner | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

Pledge is great cleaner

It's easiest said that you can ride through rain with minimal problems, however as with many things, these bikes are water resistant in most areas, NOT water proof. Why look for trouble?

Think about it for the most part, the switches etc. on the bars for one are facing rearwards.:s

Sorry, my service manual doesn't mention Pledge products anywhere so it would probably void my warranty!

:D:D:D:D

That would be page 56 sub section 2 vol 3 in the hd (Why it's not covered hand book) writen by dewy, cheatum and how. It's in the book under ( use of non hd products can be used as excuse for voiding warranty)!

It's easiest said that you can ride through rain with minimal problems, however as with many things, these bikes are water resistant in most areas, NOT water proof. Why look for trouble?

Think about it for the most part, the switches etc. on the bars for one are facing rearwards.:s

If I can add one other thing it's the guys that pressure wash their whole bikes that always complain that the stitching on their seats leak! 2500psi. could have something to do with that:D

Steve, good point.

Another thing that I can add here is to think about those stone chips or a flaw in the paint and what 2500psi can do when it hits the edge of the paint.:s

Very important to put a drop of touch up paint on the stone chips before hand.

Very nice thread.I have tried pledge as a quick detail and like it for effort, cost and shine.I use pressure car wash on my Ultra but at a safe distance and do not believe it hurts a thing.I only use microfiber cloths and pitch them when grundgy.I would compare Pledge to most quick shine auto product but less money and the container is easier to carry.

An earlier post suggested Windex,if it has ammonia, I think it corrodes the finish on the windshield and clear coat.

Yes Very nice thread
We have used it for race car windshield for years with great success and paint also.
But to spray it on the engine with all that heat will this not bake the Pledge and change color of the power coating ?
Any thought

I've never had a problem and I've used it on bikes with a black and also silver engines. I don't spray it on the engine proper but the chrome covers that are on the engine and no problems at all.

I haven't tried the Pledge yet. I will when the bike comes out of the freezer. My only reservation is this business of collecting dust. I get a lot of that since I live on a dirt road in a desert climate. I'll see if I can find the stuff that doesn't collect dust and try it.

An easy way to get dried smashed bugs off a windshield is to lay a wet towel on your windshield. In about 5 minutes that dried, smashed bug will come right off. I usually use a few wet blue paper towels. I spray the windshield then put on wet blue towels. In a few minutes I just use those same blue towels to wipe off the windshield. Bug stuff is gone. A very soft cloth diaper completes the drying job.

Maybe the Pledge will change that.

Back