Planning trip to New Orleans

Discussion in 'South East' started by nramike, Mar 12, 2011.

1. nramike

nramike Member

A couple of friends and I are planning a trip to New Orleans and maybe hugging the coast for a few days after. Going the week of Memorial Day. Got and ideas on things to do, see, eat and drink? Thanks for all input...

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Don't know which way your going when you hug the coast, but to the west they now let motorcycles on the island where they grow the peppers and make tabasco. If you get over to the east there are alot of good places to eat posted on the forum thread. If you happen to make it to Fl. Toucans in Mexico Beach is really good. Ride safe and watch out for all the crazies on the road Memorial Day.

3. Murk

Murk Member

Hey Mike, like Don I don't know which way your headed but another great place in Mexico Beach is Killer Seafood on 98. Ride safe

4. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

5. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

RedFish Joe made some very good suggestions. If you are going to cross the bay on the causeway (US 90), check out Tacky Jacks, their food is good and very reasonably priced. If you dare, they have the best Bushwackers anywhere, be careful!

6. DitchDigger

DitchDigger Member

Redfish-Joe fogot to tell you about SouthSide Cafe in Slidell, La. One of the best biker friendly places around. It even has "bikes only" parking right in front.

Shoot a couple of PMs to us that live along the way and maybe we can meet for a cup of joe or a cold one.

7. pahunter

pahunter Active Member

Wife and I eat in the southside on bike night. What a great place

8. nramike

nramike Member

dont forget the details...w...w..w.

9. Cajun Ultra

Cajun Ultra Active Member

Southside and cold beer

10. Billbo

Billbo Junior Member

Joe, I think this is about the 2nd-3rd time you mentioned THE SHED and to go to the one on hwy53 and NOT the one at exit 57. I have always stopped at the one off exit 57 because it is so near the I-10. SO .... why do you prefer (like) the other one much. Just curious. I will go there next time just wanted to know your opinions.

Bill