free website stats program Planning trip to New Orleans | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Planning trip to New Orleans

[Rocky and Carlos in Chalmette has good food and a lot of it. Be hungry...very hungry!
Home

also, I deleted this last post .... is this Rocky and Carlos on Judge Perez directly across from the Exxon refinery in Chalmette?

Bill

Mancie's in Daphne Al. has killer burgers and po-boys.
Manci's Antique Club - Historic Restaurant Bar in Daphne, AL

The Shed on Hiway 53 in Gulfport has the BEST BBQ. Not to be confused with the one on Hiway 57.
The Shed Gulfport, MS | A Family Food Drinkery

Joe, I think this is about the 2nd-3rd time you mentioned THE SHED and to go to the one on hwy53 and NOT the one at exit 57. I have always stopped at the one off exit 57 because it is so near the I-10. SO .... why do you prefer (like) the other one much. Just curious. I will go there next time just wanted to know your opinions.

Bill

Long story short. The sauce is what makes the BBQ at the Shed. Same sauce at both stores but the 53 store finishes off the BBQ in the oven drenched with sauce. The 57 store just drizzles it over it when they serve it. Just my preference.

Rocky and Carlos in Chalmette has good food and a lot of it. Be hungry...very hungry!
Home

also, I deleted this last post .... is this Rocky and Carlos on Judge Perez directly across from the Exxon refinery in Chalmette?

Bill

No. St. Claude Ave. At the end of Paris road before you cross over to the plant. Right at the light and a few blocks on the right.

Long story short. The sauce is what makes the BBQ at the Shed. Same sauce at both stores but the 53 store finishes off the BBQ in the oven drenched with sauce. The 57 store just drizzles it over it when they serve it. Just my preference.

Bill

No. St. Claude Ave. At the end of Paris road before you cross over to the plant. Right at the light and a few blocks on the right.

GOTCHA --- I will try the SHED on 53 next time - it's not far off the interstate. Also, R and C IS the same one I was thinking about. I work in Chalmette a lot the past year and have eaten there before - was not sure of the name. Another place GOOD to eat -- turn Left at the same light - go down past Murphy Oil Refinery and continue on past all those tree orchards hanging over the road to a place called "Charlies" on the left. Its about 3-5 miles or so maybe after you would turn left at the light off Paris Rd. Nice selection and so far I have not had a bad meal there. AND if you like BBQ - there is a place called STONEWALLs on the left side of Paris road about 2 blocks before you get to that same red lite at Judge Perez.

Bill -- may see you some day at the SHED!!!!!!! Take care.

Back