free website stats program " P" light on tach ? | Harley Davidson Forums

" P" light on tach ?

re: " P" light on tach ?

Does anyone know what this is and why it`s on? The bike is a 2004 Roadking police.

If you mean tach, maybe it's to let a motor officer know his "pursuit lights" are enabled. If you still have the red handle switches, try switching them and see if the "P" goes out. I didn't know they had tachometers. I'm curious to know myself. :newsmile061:

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

If you mean tach, maybe it's to let a motor officer know his "pursuit lights" are enabled. If you still have the red handle switches, try switching them and see if the "P" goes out. I didn't know they had tachometers. I'm curious to know myself. :newsmile061:

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

This is 100% Correct

Thanks, spelling has never been my strong point. Ya, I still have all the red switches, they don`t seem to do anything.

This is 100% Correct

Thanks Jonas. Nothing worse than a cop going down the road with his pursuit lights on and not knowing it.:newsmile100::newsmile100:

Looksyoung; Maybe when the pursuit stuff was removed, a connector was allowed to make contact with ground. I have NO idea where to tell you to look.

Last edited:

I rig police cars for a living and actually had some LED's that we use on them, on my FXDX.I made a plate that bolted to the top gusset where your crash bar should mount. The lights where mounted vertically pointed outward and the switch was mounted in the horn cover.They worked great for blocking intersections on big rides.A word of advise, check local laws about colors and the direction in witch that color is pointed.

I had a 2001 Road King Police bike, rode it for 6 years. The "P" used to indicate the "pursuit" lights were on. I put a blue light on my bike (low, facing rear) and wired it into the red Pursuit light switch on the handlebar. That way, if I was riding in a state where a blue light was illegal, I could turn it off.

Fiveoh don't come to Louisiana with them on.Law enforcement people take blue lights very personal here.

My 2000 roadking police actually lit up the word pursuit on the speedo when that switch was turned on? Since I added the harley cruise the red switches are gone :D

Back