free website stats program " P" light on tach ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

" P" light on tach ?

It's one thing to have a Police bike

but if you're not wearing a badge and carrying a weapon then you don't want anyone mistaking you for a cop. Why anyone would want blue or red lights on their bike is a mystery to me. there are some out there who would gladly run you off a roadway if they thought you were an unarmed cop or even a wannabe.
JMHO though.

Re: It's one thing to have a Police bike

Ouch Watch Guy...hope that isn't true...much as we do not like to see the blue light behind in our rear vue...they do an essential service and ARE fellow HOG Riders, to be given our respect just like our representatives in the military. It's a tough job and someone has to do it...!

No one around here would have a blue strobe on their bike,can you say Rodney King?Red lights are fine as long as pointed towards the rear.Ambers and whites can be on front or sides.

Re: It's one thing to have a Police bike

Ouch Watch Guy...hope that isn't true...much as we do not like to see the blue light behind in our rear vue...they do an essential service and ARE fellow HOG Riders, to be given our respect just like our representatives in the military. It's a tough job and someone has to do it...!
Don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing cops here. I'm pointing out that there are people out there that do not like cops and if you're not prepared to defend yourself because you've been mistaken for one, then don't try to look like one. I have the utmost respect for ANYBODY that serves, but I'm not about to put blue lights on my bike and become a target.

Yes, indeed the "p" is for pursuit lights on. On my 05 CopGlide it means the passing lamps are on. Push the red switch on the right grip to the left and the "p' and the passings lamps should go out.

Mike

my 06 rdking had that light and it was on all the time until I figured out that the switch was poped off the switch houseing. cant rember which side it was on but it was a slide switch ( left to right ) just above the turn signal switch. had to reach in with a screwdriver and switch it off

Back