free website stats program Opinions On Big Dog Motorcycles | Harley Davidson Forums

Opinions On Big Dog Motorcycles

A buddy has an older (2002) Big Dog that needed some work. After a lot of investigation, my opinion is the older models are basically a H-D clone and very easy to work on. I think about 2005 and up they started using alot of proprietary components making them more difficult and expensive to work on, with more than their share of electrical problems.

There is a US Riders Reunion in Helen Ga around the end of May, beginning of June ever year. I have gone the past four or five years. There are normally a few Big Dogs there. Nice looking bikes. The riders almost seem to snob Harleys(blanket statement, sorry). I talked to a couple guys there with Big Dogs most were trailered in and have not ridden the bike more the 100 miles at a time. Pretty expensive decoration or bar hopper. I do see some used ones for around 12K. I like the way they look.

(Thread Drift)
Helen Ga is a nice ride from Charlotte. It is a great time, fantastic riding. The US Riders thing is low keyed compared to Daytona, MB.

Can't really elaborate b/c I only sat on a BD @ one of the local HD-ships & couldn't test drive. I can say it wasn't my thing (uncomfortable & akward), but I know they are well liked by the right riders. Best to get one out for a spin & see if it's something you could enjoy.

If you like a custom, they are OK, but IMO over priced

A friend who owns an indy shop stated they just don't do the T&E on them, which means in the long run, they just don't hold up to a lot of miles. Stated he hated working on them due to parts are hard to come by.

Instead of talking opinions, take a look at one...

tn141s3.jpg

Certainly not that "Bad"...and not my idea of what a Big Dog would be :newsmile100:

That looks quite aesthetically pleasing.Certainly no different to any number of Harleys i've seen.Think sort of "Rocker"

Back