free website stats program One month and counting! | Harley Davidson Forums

One month and counting!

Rubbit

One month without a bike and waiting for my 09 Black Pearl RG that i ordered and should be in at the first of March and i am about to loss what is left of the grey stuff held inside of my skull. The guys i work with are not riding in to work because its either raining or a low of 30 degrees here in North Carolina, and all i can say is give me the bike and ill ride it for you until spring. Either way, this is all i got, this forum (thanks guys) and pictures of what i could be doing if i had my bike now. If anybody can give any good advice on hibernation methods that will last until the first of March, that would great:D Anyway, happy riding,holidays, thanks for giving me something to read about in the meantime:sd

One month without a bike and waiting for my 09 Black Pearl RG that i ordered and should be in at the first of March and i am about to loss what is left of the grey stuff held inside of my skull. The guys i work with are not riding in to work because its either raining or a low of 30 degrees here in North Carolina, and all i can say is give me the bike and ill ride it for you until spring. Either way, this is all i got, this forum (thanks guys) and pictures of what i could be doing if i had my bike now. If anybody can give any good advice on hibernation methods that will last until the first of March, that would great:D Anyway, happy riding,holidays, thanks for giving me something to read about in the meantime:sd

Where are you located in North Carolina?

Charlotte, just south of Huntersville.

I am in Charlotte also... my wife and I both ride... she has her own. We ride together and also with two other couples.(One couple 2 up ) We are leaving Saturday to Tampa, Fla for 3 or 4 days. You have to ride south in the winter time. We ride 12 months a year and average 10-12,000 miles annually. When you receive your bike give us a shout and we will ride. In the summer we ride to the mountains almost every week-end sometime just up and back in the same day. NC is a great place to live and ride... mountains less than two hours and the beach in a little over three.

WHM1, hear you loud and clear. Ive got family up in Silva, NC by the Cherokee Res. so my dad up there to see my uncle from time to time. End of May my dad and i are hooking up with my cousins and uncles to ride down to Marothon Key for a week and do some fishing and ride the bridges. Were doing this trip instead of our annual trip to Daytona Bike week with all the guys in the family that ride. At some point my two trips im planning are to ride with the Savannah River down from the top of SC to the coast and a trip from Calabash NC to at least Elizabeth town from Charlotte.

We did Key West this summer and around the gulf coast to New Orleans and back through Ala to Charlotte.. about 3,000 miles for the whole trip. Usually we will do a big trip every summer and have done the Daytona thing both March and October for the last couple years.Do not plan on doing that this year since the weather is going to be good this week-end and decided to go to Tampa for a few days. Tampa the week-end after Christmas at 80 deg I can handle right now.

Rubbit, Your gonna love the 09 RG when you get it. I'd be jonesing big time if I had to wait. I bought my 09 RG on Dec 13th and totaly amazed how nice and smooth it is (but I did upsize from an 02 1200 XLC, so big difference).

The dealer I got it at had about 5 RGs, with a good selection of colors and they were ready to negotiate alot.

I'm in FL, so don't know hiberation ideas as it's been 70-80% and sunny each weeekend for a few months now so been on the road riding :)

Post some pics when you get your RG!

I am coming off the 08 Fat Bob, and i rented a 08 RG the other day and loved it except that the stock windshield was directly in my line of sight. I wanted the Black pearl real bad and dealer could not find one around the area at other dealers. So there selling my bike for me while RG is on order. So just get to think about riding till then.

Darn man I hate to wait so I feel for you.
If it;'s any consolation, I rode my new Road King to work this morning.....
Sorry, I had to do it.... I you get up to the Mts. give me a shout...

Back