free website stats program ? on tires. | Harley Davidson Forums

? on tires.

SeaRider04

I'll need new tires soon and have been searching for best place to get a set of Dunlop tires. My 04 Heritage runs D402F in front and D401 in rear, my question is what's the different between the one with and without the "F" in the front tire?. Most of the place I've looked doesn't listed the "F", only D402 and D401.

I recently bought a set of Dunlops for my 2006 Heritage Classic, the same sizes you mention. The best price I found was at Motorcycle Superstore. Shipping was free and they delvered in 2 days directly to the shop that will mount them tomorrow.

Not sure about the F, was wondering that myself.

I agree with Motorcycle Superstore for tire purchases. Great prices and fast shipping. No problems with using them yet.

I have been looking around for tires and Motorcycle Superstore has the best price around. Only trouble is they don't have the tires I need (Dunlop American Elite Harley-Davidson Replacement) Hope they get some in shortly my tires look ok yet but with over 20k on them the rear should be replaced.

I did look at Motorcycle Superstore and yes, they have the best price and more likely I'll get my tires from them, when I do a search, there's no D402F comes up so I was wondering what's standing for and doeas it matter if I get one with or without it.

I buy mine from Jake Wilson. I have found them to be cheaper than Motorcycle Super Store. Free shipping also.

I did look at Motorcycle Superstore and yes, they have the best price and more likely I'll get my tires from them, when I do a search, there's no D402F comes up so I was wondering what's standing for and doeas it matter if I get one with or without it.

D402F MT90B16 72H is a front tire only and is not interchangeable with D402 MT90B16 74H rear tire.

Note: When new tires are fitted, they should not be subjected to sudden acceleration, hard cornering, maximum power or braking for at least 100 miles. Failure to do so may result in loss of control and serious injury. The 100 mile run-in is required to adjust to the feel of new tires versus the worn tires.

The above is from Dunlops web page.

The D402F is the "F"ront tire. They will also have a D402R for the "R"ear. None of that is marked on the tires. They say Front and Rear.

So the Dunlop Fitment Guide has the following for your bike:

Front: D402F | Size : MT90B16
Rear: D401 | Size : 150/80B16

That is what you should go with if you are using Dunlops.

Fitment Guide for Dunlop Motorcycle Tires

TQ

Don't forget to do the math on the load rating number. It is amazing how much weight is on the rear vs the front tire. Especially if you have a Bagger or ride 2 up.

Back