Olympics

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Charlies Harley, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Charlies Harley

Charlies Harley Active Member

:canada:canada go canada go :canada:canada

2. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

Wooo Hoooo!!! Canada beat the Swiss in Hockey 3-2 in a shootout. Thank goodness for Sidney Crosbie!!!

3. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Team USA is doing quite well too. USA!!!!

4. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I think there is some young lassie from the uk doing well on a sledge (skeleton) looks like the kind of nutcase thing i might have tried when younger

Brian

5. fin_676

I can see danger now that i never saw when i was younger and i take longer to heal than i used to
    But that must be one good thrill doing that even at a modest speed

Brian

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

:thanksI believe USA leads w/overall medals (18):thanks

7. Adamal47

Adamal47 Active Member

I am an american and I always cheer my country in the games but even I didn't think that at one week into the games the US mens hockey team was leading everyone else in points. GO USA!!!

8. Charlies Harley

Charlies Harley Active Member

Those guys are going like 140+kph, no brakes or steering, thats just cleansing of the gene pool.

9. fin_676

well the lassie from the uk got the gold and was more than a 1/2 second ahead of the silver and thats a massive lead in modern sporting competition where its measured in 100ths of a second
    well done girl

Brian

10. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

It's great to watch the athletes doing their thing. Amy Williams (UK) had a great run. Lindsay Vonn and her US team mate Mancuso were impressive in downhill.
    Watching Jon Montgomery do my home province proud taking gold in skeletons was fantastic.
    I don't follow the men's hockey much since it's mostly a bunch of overpaid NHLers. Although it would be great to see Canada take gold in that as well, I don't have much faith in our goalies.