free website stats program Olympics | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Olympics

Hey, I'm Canadian and from Sid the Kids province but congrats to the US, you guys were rated 5th or 6th going in. The biggest surprise in hockey.

I really enjoyed this whole Olympics. But what a way to end. You couldn't have scripted any better than the final event being USA vs Canada in hockey. Then being sent into OT with 27 seconds left in regulation. I wish the USA would have pulled it out but it was great anyway.

So like, who won the Biathalon ? as I figured. No mention of it. Sure they covered the sport with minimal shooting coverage because it's so popular in Europe they had to and it was the most attended contest of the games per event. Fact is, if a gun or bow (archery in summer olympics) are used they don't want to promote weapons so won't cover it. Ski for miles, stop and shoot a fifty cent target at 50 meters, win gold and your metal won't put you on a candy bar wrapper. Do a flip off a snowboard and your a national hero. Oh well,,it just urks me. But I always watch the Olympics just the same.

I hope the world enjoyed the olympics as much as we did in this household, the bigscreen was on every waking minute and tuned to the games. I lost two weeks of my life glued to the tube. Like most Canadians, the woman's and then the mens hockey was the big deal, the icing on the cake as they would say, curling being second. I guess the question on whether the games were a success or not is totally up to the media's perception. Two thumbs up, I think it was great. :bigsmiley12::bigsmiley12:

First time I've watched a whole ice hockey match. A great spectator sport - looks brilliant to play as well.
Congrats to Canada - double gold for the boys and girls. Bet there's a lot of smiley faces up there today.
Congrats to USA as well - a hard fought game and they did better than the pundits were saying they would. Silver with a lot of honour.

Back