free website stats program Oil Temp gauge and Oil Cooler | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Temp gauge and Oil Cooler

I have a 2004 Road Glide and I live in the Palm Springs area. I have 21K miles on the bike and I have always used synthetic oil. I'm currently using Mobile V Twin. Do you recommend I put on an oil cooler and if so what kind do you suggest? Also, what is the best oil temp gauge out there for the money?

Attachments

• Dana Point MC Ride Oct-2008 018a.JPG
    Dana Point MC Ride Oct-2008 018a.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 38
Hey Glider. Hope all is well. I'm taking off the front fairing of my 09 RG to install my Hogtunes and at the same time I'd like to install an oil temp gauge to replace the air temp gauge (as I'm in FLA and would like to keep tabs on my oil temp in the summer).

I was looking at the HD version #75324-05 this to match my other gauges. Do you know how difficult is the install? I do my basic engine/trans/primary oil changes my self, but not that handy at electrical work.

Thanks for the advice.
Todd

I am in Texas, same issues. I replaced that worthless air temp gauge with the oil temp gauge. Easy. Not sure if you guys have that with the Glides. With oil temp AND oil pressure gauges, I can keep a close eye on the engine's life blood.

I did then install an oil cooler once I started to see the oil temp I had been experiencing. Dropped the temp sufficiently. How much it drops depends on whether the bike is moving, which way the wind is blowing, air temp., etc. But I feel it helps!

TQ

Thanks. If I drop the air temp gauge for the new oil temp gauge, I'll have the same setup, oil temp and oil pressure gauges right in front of me. So it sounds easy.

Thanks again!

I have installed this kit before on a 04 flhtc 88'', If they are still making this kit the same way ,you will also have to add to the cost and replace your oil line cover , I ended up with a $85.00 chrome cover that ran from the trans to the engine ,I think they are a few options but you will want to do somthing because the sending probe is Teed into your oil line and its not pretty , Also because these are formed oil lines and the space is very tight the install is not so easy, But I have heard they are kits that are less difficult to install by installing the probe in the oil pan ,I dont know who makes them or the cost .but somthing you might want to check out.

Yes someone please confirm , As I would like to add one on my 07 SG and I have not just because the install was that much of a Pain

Thanks for the help,Glider this aftermarket oil temp gauge will make a much easier Install then the HD one .

Back