free website stats program Oil Temp gauge and Oil Cooler | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Temp gauge and Oil Cooler

I think this might be what Crocker is referring to ?????

Yes,that is the post that I seen that indicates they are not made for 09 touring bikes. I don't understand why my screen shows that as post #14?
I will call the number listed on the link and ask specifically about a 09 Ultra. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes,that is the post that I seen that indicates they are not made for 09 touring bikes. I don't understand why my screen shows that as post #14?
I will call the number listed on the link and ask specifically about a 09 Ultra. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm sorry on my end walleye !! I listed it as Crocker and not you !!! This 7" of snow here has got me "bugg-eyed" !!!!!!!

I put the dipstick temp gauge on my sportster to see what temp mine gets to. This will be my first summer with mine so I am interested to see if I will need an oil cooler or not.

Hey robotoroadracer!
So the Harley Kit will work, just skip the adapter and install the sensor on the oil pan? Any adapters needed?

Kleach, I just needed a brass pipe thread bushing to mate the sensor to the pan port. I think it was 1/4 x 3/8 but it has been awhile, easy to check though.

I called direct HD parts and they said they would call me right back while they checked. Never did hear back from them. Maybe tomorrow. If I do not hear back tomorrow I will call back. Maybe he lost my number. Just want to be clear on matching guage for 09 Ultra.

I bought the HD oil temp guage today at a local HD dealer. Out the door was about $150.00. I did not get the adapter, and used the adapter from home depot.
I installed it tonight and it took about 3 hrs. Had to pull the radio out to be able to remove the air temp gauge. The gauge matches the other gauges in the dash of my 09 FLHX. Looks good. Will ride it this weekend and see how well it works.

Back