free website stats program Oil Changing | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Changing

glider.

BOT Machine
Posted by "Breeze3at"...

If for any reason you have to drain the oil and don't refill it again right away, try this tip...

Part of my "oil change kit" is 2 spring clip clothes pins, painted red with "NO OIL" written on them. One goes on the key ring that I have removed from the bike, car, lawn tractor or what ever else I could harm. The other gets clipped to a highly visible (mirror, switch cover, shift lever, etc.) area. The Electra Glide ignition gets locked, because the clothes pin doesn't fit the big switch.

Very sound advice here. At work we have OIL OUT tags we nang under the hoods of the cars, it should be the first thing you see before you close the hood, Thanks Breeze and Boss:s

Good ideas. Myself, before I even remove the drain plug I'll have the new filter and oil sitting alongside the bike. For my vehicles, hood goes up and oil and filter sit in the engine bay.

I guess that I am military robotic when it comes to working on the scoot. I have a binder that requires me to do a pre-flight and post-flight inspection. Any maintenance that I do requires me to fill in what was actually done,the amounts of any fluid, parts, etc..! I then posts receipts as to the cost on the page. When the binder gets to full I have a folder in my file cabinet under Harley. The system has not failed me yet.

Very sound advice here. At work we have OIL OUT tags we nang under the hoods of the cars, it should be the first thing you see before you close the hood, Thanks Breeze and Boss:s

Good ideas. Myself, before I even remove the drain plug I'll have the new filter and oil sitting alongside the bike. For my vehicles, hood goes up and oil and filter sit in the engine bay.

I like both of these, a little classier than my crude masking tape stuck to the oil fill cap.

I guess that I am military robotic when it comes to working on the scoot. I have a binder that requires me to do a pre-flight and post-flight inspection. Any maintenance that I do requires me to fill in what was actually done,the amounts of any fluid, parts, etc..! I then posts receipts as to the cost on the page. When the binder gets to full I have a folder in my file cabinet under Harley. The system has not failed me yet.

Outstanding, sounds like OD PM done right or else the Motor Pool sergeant is not happy. Numba 1 GI.

(I guess nowdays it's not OD but Sand Beige ?)

I was asked to show a copy of my pre-ride form so here it is. I hope that it will help .

i wish i would have read this before my act of stupidity the other day.:(

You should quit beating yourself up Lang. Everybody does things like that but most won't admit it. Nothing hurt long term and I'll bet you never do that again so it was learning experience. :D

Back