free website stats program Oil Change method | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Oil Change method

I do the old school method, but with the bike upright. Then, every third or so change, i also flush out the oil tank and disconnect the oil cooler (my first addition to the bike) to try and remove as much oil I can from it.

I just ride her get her hot and change the oil.....been working fine, just don't get too many miles on the old oil and you're fine.

I do the Rogue Chopper Scavanger change on both bikes. Just did the Ultra last week and wasn't bad at all. Maybe adds 10 -15 extra minutes.

i bought the kit for the 103 t/g but haven't opened it yet. i then installed the baker plus 1 trans/oil pan , so now it won't work on it. the baker oil pan has the inlet & outlet oil ports in front and in rear of the oil pan. laso the belt rubs the oil pan slightly even after the dealer adjusted it. guess the oil pan walls are thicker. but i do get 4 1/2 qts of oil with oil filter change.

I have read about this on another forum.No one has really been able to explain any real benefits from this type of oil change.How much longer will my engine last? Does it extend the time or mileage between oil change intervals? Will my engine run cooler?Will I get better fuel mileage?So I still wonder what the real advantage is.There will always be a little residual oil left in any engine.I just don't see any real advantage.

I have read about this on another forum.No one has really been able to explain any real benefits from this type of oil change.How much longer will my engine last? Does it extend the time or mileage between oil change intervals? Will my engine run cooler?Will I get better fuel mileage?So I still wonder what the real advantage is.There will always be a little residual oil left in any engine.I just don't see any real advantage.

I haven't found any specific figures on extended engine life either. Yes, it's impossible to get ALL the dirty oil out. But doesn't it simply make sense to try and get AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE out if you're going to do an oil change? I read hundreds of threads and posts about how to get every last bug off the windshield or every tiny blemish off our precious chrome. And then these same people won't spend $100 and give something like this a try to keep as little dirty oil mixing with the expensive new stuff they're pouring in.

Sorry, I can't give any supporting facts, figures, and studies. This just makes sense to me.

Bottom line, as always - your bike, you decide!

I haven't found any specific figures on extended engine life either. Yes, it's impossible to get ALL the dirty oil out. But doesn't it simply make sense to try and get AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE out if you're going to do an oil change? I read hundreds of threads and posts about how to get every last bug off the windshield or every tiny blemish off our precious chrome. And then these same people won't spend $100 and give something like this a try to keep as little dirty oil mixing with the expensive new stuff they're pouring in.

Sorry, I can't give any supporting facts, figures, and studies. This just makes sense to me.

Bottom line, as always - your bike, you decide!

Here from their web site: ..::Rogue Chopper::Welcome::..

They talk as the old oil left behind is when the oil is first introduced at the factory. Though they do state its only 24oz. My thought is the left over oil is replaced every oil change at previous change. Like the Good Dr. states your ride you decide and like geezerglide57, I personally see no benefit. But we all know piece of mind is priceless. Oh and just a thought wonder why there is no push for our cars and trucks oil changes to use this product or are Harley just that inferior that by changing oil old school you run the risk of problems?? I think not. Especially when most of you guys change your oil more frequently than Harley recommends...:s

Back