free website stats program Ohh my aching head!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ohh my aching head!!!

Like it says, be glad to be here to have this problem! :s I just went through a similar deal. Except I DIDN'T want my bike totalled, I wanted a new HARLEY frame installed with MY VIN stamped in by H-D, to avoid the stigma of a "SALVAGE" title. The insurance company in my case refused to budge, totalled the bike and I was forced to go shopping. In the long story, I'm sure I will thank them, but for the here and now story, I am not too happy with the way it was handled. AND ... I was NOT offered the opportunity to purchase my bike back and to repair it. (EDIT)? I thought that was a standard procedure!!

Overall, it is very frustrating, especially when NO ONE will answer your questions! But hang in there, and when ya get that new ride, or your old ride repaired, ride safe and live life! You and I got another chance to do it! The bikes are the small part of the equation! :s

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that but watch out about the language. Me, it doesn't bother me but in this forum they don't take to kindly to that stuff. Take it from me, I was thrown off this site for a week because of it. Just trying to help you out. I also would like to get a new frame with my vin to avoid the same thing, plus I just feel weird riding a bike with a repaired frame, just don't sound right. Talked to the adjuster today and if his boss ok's it, we might be able to work out a deal for some cash and the bike.

Like it says, be glad to be here to have this problem! :s I just went through a similar deal. Except I DIDN'T want my bike totalled, I wanted a new HARLEY frame installed with MY VIN stamped in by H-D, to avoid the stigma of a "SALVAGE" title. The insurance company in my case refused to budge, totalled the bike and I was forced to go shopping. In the long story, I'm sure I will thank them, but for the here and now story, I am not too happy with the way it was handled. AND ... I was NOT offered the opportunity to purchase my bike back and to repair it. (EDIT)? I thought that was a standard procedure!!

Overall, it is very frustrating, especially when NO ONE will answer your questions! But hang in there, and when ya get that new ride, or your old ride repaired, ride safe and live life! You and I got another chance to do it! The bikes are the small part of the equation! :s

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Can you tell us the Insurance Company?

Well people here's the latest; The girl who owns the car is a young twenty something year old, who has a record. She is going to be sentenced to 6 years for something else that she was in probation for and violated it. She says the accident must have happened when her friend took her car to get gas. Police told her and her lawyer that if he doesn't confess by this Monday, she will be charged with hitting me and fleeing the scene. Geico has paid me about $7500.00 for damages to my bike. The shop said only the horns were bent about .25", so I paid them about $500.00 to straighten that out and took my bike. Found a couple of things on ebay, the first being a complete set of painted tins to my door for $300.00. The whale of a fish was the second find, the exact same year bike as mine, down to the color but not as chromed out with only 6300 miles on her for $8000.00!!!!!!!! Super clean and the guy that had her was an exceptionally nice guy. Real down to earth kind of guy, with a really nice family. Can you say, winter project?!? :newsmile048:

Back