free website stats program No more motorcycle inspection | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

No more motorcycle inspection

In the UK we have an annual ministry of transport road worthiness inspection generally called mot
it is mandatory for every road vehicle over 3 years old
it is primarily a safety inspection brakes, tyres. lights, horn, wheel and frame bearings, and more recently that the vehicle conforms to the law numberplate size colour and location and exhaust system
all data on mot is held on a central computer system so police by doing a simple vrn check will know if it is in date if it is out of date they can seize the vehicle and crush it if you haven't got all the correct legal stuff for your vehicle
it helps to ensure that most vehicles on the road are safe to use which is a good thing as it helps keep the roads a safer place to be

Brian

The letter also said to remove the registration decal from your license plate. I'm assuming that's because Fred can just run the tag and see if the registration is current. Either that, or there's gonna' be a lot more random stops, as in "May I see your papers, please?" :lero

Oklahoma did away with all vehicle inspections a few years ago. It was the best thing they ever did. Inspections would have been fine if they had been done right, but they weren't. They were done at dealers and indy shops. They had to charge a set $5. How good an inspection do you think was done for $5 when the tech could be doing $80 service work. Sometimes you had to spend hours trying to find a shop that would do an inspection. Happy they're gone. Also, I don't see any more cars with lights out, mufflers falling off, etc. now than I did then.

Back