free website stats program No more motorcycle inspection | Harley Davidson Forums

No more motorcycle inspection

RUSHMORE_14

Just got a letter today saying that my bike needs no longer to be inspected in the state of NJ. What are your thoughts on this?

what do they inspect? dont have that here. similar to car inspection? Co2 and leaks? they dyno it for ya? lol

If it was just a waste of time and more of a money grab, then it's good to be rid of it.

The only inspection done here in Manitoba is a safety when you buy or sell a bike, which is a good thing. It can be a pain if you don't live anywhere near a shop authorized to perform inspections though.

Inspection here in the Garden State is changing. From what I have read, the stations, which are actually not run by the state but a private contractor, are all closed on mondays so they can stay open a few nights during the week. In addition, no more checking lights, horn, wipers, etc. My thoughts are that this is a good thing. Don't know about others, but I routinely check all my vehicles and make sure they are in working order. Before each ride on the scoot, I check the lights, horn, brake lights and directionals. Most of these initiatives are the result of Chris Christie, our new governor, trying to change a system of state government that has needed change for a long, long time.....

It`s great for bikes, they never really checked them like they did the car`s.
Just keep your eye on that car coming at you with bad tires and ball joints.:)

Florida stopped vehicle inspection of both cars and motorcycle about 1980. To the safety people and FHP's chagrin there hasn't been on accident attributal to a failure of any thing that was inspected.

Back