No more motorcycle inspection

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by ROOT BEER KING, Aug 20, 2010.

1. RUSHMORE_14

RUSHMORE_14 Junior Member

Just got a letter today saying that my bike needs no longer to be inspected in the state of NJ. What are your thoughts on this?

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Guest

:D Great news no more big brother

3. Scrappy

Scrappy Active Member

what do they inspect? dont have that here. similar to car inspection? Co2 and leaks? they dyno it for ya? lol

4. Axeman747

Axeman747 Member

I wish they would do away with it in NY, but they have to make their money.

5. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

antique tags in PA no inspection also

6. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Great!

TQ

7. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

If it was just a waste of time and more of a money grab, then it's good to be rid of it.

The only inspection done here in Manitoba is a safety when you buy or sell a bike, which is a good thing. It can be a pain if you don't live anywhere near a shop authorized to perform inspections though.

8. The4opps1

The4opps1 Junior Member

Inspection here in the Garden State is changing. From what I have read, the stations, which are actually not run by the state but a private contractor, are all closed on mondays so they can stay open a few nights during the week. In addition, no more checking lights, horn, wipers, etc. My thoughts are that this is a good thing. Don't know about others, but I routinely check all my vehicles and make sure they are in working order. Before each ride on the scoot, I check the lights, horn, brake lights and directionals. Most of these initiatives are the result of Chris Christie, our new governor, trying to change a system of state government that has needed change for a long, long time.....

9. cyborg

cyborg Active Member

It`s great for bikes, they never really checked them like they did the car`s.
    Just keep your eye on that car coming at you with bad tires and ball joints.:)

10. Fossil

Fossil Active Member

Florida stopped vehicle inspection of both cars and motorcycle about 1980. To the safety people and FHP's chagrin there hasn't been on accident attributal to a failure of any thing that was inspected.