no light or instruments working

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by jamesh77744, Apr 10, 2012.

1. jamesh77744

jamesh77744 Member

I have a 2000 883 harley Davidson just got it..nothing is working on it but it will crank but not getting fire to the plugs...check all grounds all looks good ...the only thing i see if you plug in the turn signal module it will blow a fuse..not sure if its bad or not..didnt see anything wrong with the wiring traced them all looked good...Hope someone knows something about this..thanks

2. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Gotta be a short somewhere along the way.IMO No spark at the plug could very well be the voltage reulator is junk.

3. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

With the ignition switch ON, check to see if you have 12 volts on the IGN, INSTR & LIGHTS fuses. If you do not have voltage on those 3 fuses, the ignition switch is probably bad. If you do measure 12 volts on those fuses, check to see if there is about 11.00 volts on the Black/White wire going to the coil while cranking the engine.

4. jamesh77744

jamesh77744 Member

thanks very much i will check these things ...its nice people like you that makes a difference in life....

5. jamesh77744

jamesh77744 Member

thanks ill check it ...it nice to have someone help someone without $$$$ ill let u know if this is the problem...its just good for your advice,,,, thanks

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Guest

Check the control module has power to it

7. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

I must be blind I did not see which fuse is blowing ?

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Guest

No Dave, OP did not say it you are not blind:s

9. jamesh77744

jamesh77744 Member

its the one that goes to the turn signal module

10. R_W_B

R_W_B Senior Member

Ok ok, the your 883 must have a different wiring. Mine does not have a dedicated TSM fuse but rather the Battery and Ignition fuses both feed into it.