free website stats program nitrogen ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

nitrogen ?

Most are right here, but Ill interject a little more, a lot has to do with the molecule size, nitrogen has a bigger molecule than oxygen 21.7% that you are breathing and the remiaining inert gasses around 7%. Therefore nitrogen will tend to leak a little less, it will not change the ride, and really to us it has no advantage. I have worked for an airgas company for close to 20 years as a field service teck. I run dry air in my bike tires, and I could have nitrogen for free if I wanted it. :D

About the only difference I have ever noted is less fluctuation in tire pressure than regular compressed air. I still wouldn't use it.

Back when racing was my drug I used nitrogen when runing late model and it did help some..I would not waste money on it for my bike..I like fish oil.....its good for ya.:D

thanks all,,cost was not an issue , as it was in for free from the dealer,i was wondering what if anyone had nitrogen in tires and felt like the street imperfections were enhanced as i was riding,,more so then my last bike with AIR in them..? ohh well i will have to dump this nitrogen and fill with AIR, and make my own assessment.. thanks again...ryd..if any major change i will update for you folks..:D

As most have said, nitrogen is "neutral" (not like oxygen which likes to promote oxidizing (rust/corrosion) when mixed with metals and water) and being larger molecules, does not leak out of tires as easily. Downside is it is more "expensive" and since volume of air in motorcycle tires are a lot less, the advantages are a lot less also.

Back