free website stats program nitrogen ? | Harley Davidson Forums

nitrogen ?

rydahog

anyone else have rough feeling in front end with tires filled with nitrogen?
i seem to feel more road surface imperfections then i used to :newsmile026:
vibrations i guess is what i am trying to convey..

If nothing changed since you put nitrogen in the tires my guess would be that they were overinflated when the nitrogen was used. Sounds like you have a "hard" ride.

Air is 78% nitrogen to begin with. It's free too.
NASCAR, other racing venues and the airlines use nitrogen for reasons not applicable to us.
I have been rv'ing since 1978 and nitrogen pops it's ugly head up every few years or so in the rv industry for use in tires. Way smarter minds than mine have determined that for our use it is a waste of money. Unless you want to drive 200mph all day long or fly at 30,000 feet I would stick to using good old air.
The biggest safety factor in any tire is to keep it properly inflated.

I tried the nitrogen thing a while back. I did not notice a different ride when using nitrogen. I also did not see a single worthwhile side effect from using it. The tires still gained internal PSI after getting hot, and they lost just as much "air" over time. My loss is your gain,, save your money. :)

I tried the nitrogen thing a while back. I did not notice a different ride when using nitrogen. I also did not see a single worthwhile side effect from using it. The tires still gained internal PSI after getting hot, and they lost just as much "air" over time. My loss is your gain,, save your money. :)

I agree 100 with Hoople, in the industry I can see on most cars and light trucks no big advantage other than moisture in the tire if done properly with nitrogen JMO

Air is free just need a tool to compress it into the tyre in this country you can get a top up at every petrol station
and it has worked well for me for many years

Brian

bike came new with nitrogen,, but for now i will keep it, and change to air, in the mean time i will also change to a new higher windshield, and maybe that will help calm the front end or buffeting i have conserns about..thanks all...:D

bike came new with nitrogen,, but for now i will keep it, and change to air, in the mean time i will also change to a new higher windshield, and maybe that will help calm the front end or buffeting i have conserns about..thanks all...:D

Ride safe and often:rider

Nitrogen is used as a preservative in pnumatic tires. Just about all aircraft displays have their tires inflated with nitrogen and the same with static car displays. That is about the useful thing it does. The rest is just snake oil.

Back