free website stats program Nightster 2up? | Harley Davidson Forums

Nightster 2up?

CaptCrash

Gentlemen and Ladies,

Just a question on the Nightster. I'm looking at using/purchasing one. I know it comes as a Solo ride, but clearly you can put on passenger pegs and a 2up seat. I have no problem with swapping seats on and off and was only wondering if anyone else has experience doing this and how well it works.

Thanks!

Crash

Last edited by a moderator:
Another silly question: I have a...ahhh...robust riding style. I was on a buddies Road King the other day and in the second turn started grinding it (oops)...will foot forward controls help?

(I shouldn't assume but I'm banking the low suspension means less ground clearance in turns.)

Thanks for indulging me, I'm truly a rookie to the HD stuff...

Looks like OEM better put more rubber on where ever they "think" the side walls are... :bigsmiley22:
define Robust riding style do you mean this?
IMG_0179.jpg

since this i have got it further over and have less left if you look closely you can see the dimples standing up these are gone

I am 225 and my old lady is 105. We have no prob on the Nightster. Maybe we just dont know any better:20: but we ride all day and night and just cant get enough. I do get to throwing sparks in the tight turns but to me it is completely under my control.:s

Gentlemen and Ladies,

Just a question on the Nightster. I'm looking at using/purchasing one. I know it comes as a Solo ride, but clearly you can put on passenger pegs and a 2up seat. I have no problem with swapping seats on and off and was only wondering if anyone else has experience doing this and how well it works.

Thanks!

Crash

See my post on "Wife Looking At A Nightster"

I have an 07 Nightster, Progressive Front and Rear, Badlander Seat, Forward Controls. When I purchased the Progressive Shocks, I opted for the Heavy Duty because of my weight. Adding a passenger is no problem, except the seat, while it looks great, is not great for the rider and even worse for a passenger. I am going to try a reach seat, as I'm vertically challenged and as an added benefit, the passenger part of the seat is much better.

Jake

I have an 07 Nightster, Progressive Front and Rear, Badlander Seat, Forward Controls. When I purchased the Progressive Shocks, I opted for the Heavy Duty because of my weight. Adding a passenger is no problem, except the seat, while it looks great, is not great for the rider and even worse for a passenger. I am going to try a reach seat, as I'm vertically challenged and as an added benefit, the passenger part of the seat is much better.

Jake

An alternative is to get a Sheepskin/Gel Pillion Pad that clips on to existing seat, it costs 'bout $80 and I also picked up a removable PAD for the bare sissy bar, " If the lady is not happy...!" :s I am also thinking of changing the Küryakyn pegs for a 2nd pair of Küryakyn Mini Wings.

XL1200R_Mods.jpg

Last edited:
Back