Nightster 2up?

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by CaptCrash, Jun 18, 2009.

1. CaptCrash

CaptCrash Member

Gentlemen and Ladies,

Just a question on the Nightster. I'm looking at using/purchasing one. I know it comes as a Solo ride, but clearly you can put on passenger pegs and a 2up seat. I have no problem with swapping seats on and off and was only wondering if anyone else has experience doing this and how well it works.

Thanks!

Crash

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2009
  2. CaptCrash

CaptCrash Member

How fast is the swap? Looks like a 5 minute deal. You don't need to drop the rear wheel or anything wierd?

3. CaptCrash

CaptCrash Member

Another silly question: I have a...ahhh...robust riding style. I was on a buddies Road King the other day and in the second turn started grinding it (oops)...will foot forward controls help?

(I shouldn't assume but I'm banking the low suspension means less ground clearance in turns.)

Thanks for indulging me, I'm truly a rookie to the HD stuff...

4. CaptCrash

CaptCrash Member

I have no unused tire on my current ride. That said I'll PM you...

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Looks like OEM better put more rubber on where ever they "think" the side walls are... :bigsmiley22:

6. Devil Dogg

Devil Dogg Member

I am 225 and my old lady is 105. We have no prob on the Nightster. Maybe we just dont know any better:20: but we ride all day and night and just cant get enough. I do get to throwing sparks in the tight turns but to me it is completely under my control.:s

7. Smokintoad

Smokintoad Member

See my post on "Wife Looking At A Nightster"

8. hjacobson1

hjacobson1 Active Member

I have an 07 Nightster, Progressive Front and Rear, Badlander Seat, Forward Controls. When I purchased the Progressive Shocks, I opted for the Heavy Duty because of my weight. Adding a passenger is no problem, except the seat, while it looks great, is not great for the rider and even worse for a passenger. I am going to try a reach seat, as I'm vertically challenged and as an added benefit, the passenger part of the seat is much better.

Jake

9. NightsterO

NightsterO New Member

If you add a passenger pillion like I did, you can swap it in and out in 5 minutes or less, once you get the hang of it.

10. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

An alternative is to get a Sheepskin/Gel Pillion Pad that clips on to existing seat, it costs 'bout $80 and I also picked up a removable PAD for the bare sissy bar, " If the lady is not happy...!" :s I am also thinking of changing the Küryakyn pegs for a 2nd pair of Küryakyn Mini Wings.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009