free website stats program New vs Used | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New vs Used

If it is easier financially to go used in order to get you on an Ultra...then go used. And of course remember... "LET THE BUYER BEWARE:s"

If you buy new.... you know what you have.... and as long as you own it... you'll know the real history
If you buy used.... you really don't know. You may get a service history... and you may get a pile of paperwork.
But you'll never really know, the quality of the work... until you open things up.

It will always be your choice... a left over model, will fetch a lower price than a new bike... and most used bikes for sale (at least here in Raleigh) seem to be low mileage cream puffs...so there's good savings to be had.

Unless it's a bike that gets ridden often, and has the miles....They can't compete for the big bucks, and a buyer should think in terms of expensive/extensive repairs/replaing worn out parts..... but they might be the better deal (IMO) a lot of times

I bought my 2007 UC used, with ~4K on the odometer. 37K and counting.
I agree with Smitty though on the newer frames. After renting and riding 2009's and 2010's, I like the frame (how it handles and the wider rear tire) and the exhaust crossing over under the frame. Still wouldn't trade my 07, but if I were looking....(right now when I want different, I ride my wife's 2002 Dyna Low Rider, also used with ~500 miles on it when we bought it.......then I get back on my UC and say......aaaaahhhhhhhh!). So, far I am happy with used....:D

Back