free website stats program new to the Site | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

new to the Site

I just bought an 09 Utlra end of December and it is killing me that I cant get out to ride. Got to ride it home thru a horrific thunder storm for 180 miles and it was still a thrill. I am more than surprised at how the bike handles and performs compared to the 00 Heritage I traded in. I am thinking of putting on Reinhart pipes but cant decide if I should go true duals or slip-ons. I hear the 2-1-2 step down exhaust HD has on the bike is worth keeping and slip-ons are the way to go. Any thoughts?

Your lucky I bought a new 09 FLHX at the end of December got to take it on a 2 mile test ride dodging snow flakes and it been sitting at dealer ever since.
To much snow since then to ride it even home

Cold? What are you talking about? It was 80 today and a little windy still. Tomorrow's going to be great. Another 80 degree day with little or no wind. I'm riding up to Pismo Beach tomorrow and it's supposed to be cold up there 72 - 74 for lunch. I better wear a jacket.

This is a great site with a ton of good info. I've had my 09 RK for a few months and it will be ready for the 1000 mi check up after this trip tomorrow. I'll let the dealer do that one but I'll be doing my own maintenance after that using my manual and the tips on this site.

Remember to PLEDGE - Right Glider?

Cold? What are you talking about? It was 80 today and a little windy still. Tomorrow's going to be great. Another 80 degree day with little or no wind. I'm riding up to Pismo Beach tomorrow and it's supposed to be cold up there 72 - 74 for lunch. I better wear a jacket.

This is a great site with a ton of good info. I've had my 09 RK for a few months and it will be ready for the 1000 mi check up after this trip tomorrow. I'll let the dealer do that one but I'll be doing my own maintenance after that using my manual and the tips on this site.

Remember to PLEDGE - Right Glider?

FYI since you are in Moorpark, CA just down the road from you... Ventura HD in Camarillo, CA 93012 is having a January 17th Saturday Test Ride and Hot Dog Promotion and offers 15% discount coupons on Parts they have in stock as well as Service. If you want to test ride other new '09 models on your way to the beach, stop by...just go to their website for the coupons and information. :bigsmiley24:

Not quite as flashy as Hobbit's "Brats and Beer" in the UK, but beware... :shock he left with an '09 Ultra... :cheers

Thanks for the welcome... I read allot of the post in this group before I joined so I already know this is a good group of people... I have not made any performance mods to the ultra yet but when I do I will be sure to give good feed back to the group... I would tell you about how comfortable the 09 ultra is except I just switched from a rigid frame chopper so my opinion is a bit skewed....It's allot like riding a great handling couch

just saying whats up to all I am new to this site but a long time rider got a new 2009 ultra in October I have about 4,000 miles on it and I am loving it. :newsmile03:
Welcome to the site. I joined recently and this is a great site for anyone who rides or is interested in H-D. Enjoy it.

Welcome Hot Dog! This is the place to come when you're looking for a nice mid-Winter Harley fix and are itching for anything that has to do with our rides as they sit dormant in the garage, shed, whatever, just waiting to be set free in the very early Spring!
HC

Back