free website stats program New Tires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Tires

No idea.They list an FXDWG/i,and FXDWG/abs,I found it confusing.Plus they had zero fr.tire available.

i just checked out that site and find it's much easier to just browse the cruiser tires. Make sure you know your proper tire size and when you click on a tire it will let you choose through the different sizes. You don't have to enter your bike, just scroll past that.

I wish I would've known about jake Wilson 2 weeks ago cause I just got a pair of metzler 888 from bike bandit and jake Wilson was $18 cheaper for the pair.

On a seperate note I honestly can't believe how many Harley guys stick with Dunlop, I had Dunlop 401/402 on my softail when I bought it and that 401 was the worst tire I ever rode on. Dry traction was equal to how other tires have been in the wet and in the wet I couldn't even look at my rear brake without that (EDIT) tire locking up solid, never mind the scalloping and wearing very fast. It was like running mudders on a truck. Before that I had q3's on my sportbike which are supposed to be there ultra high performance street/track tire, those tires were terrible too. The front tire would brake free without warning under only moderate conditions, lucky it would regain traction and I never ended up on my ass because of it, but those are my 2 strikes with Dunlop and I will not chance a 3rd.

To anyone that has only run dunlops and think they "are good enough" (the most common thing I read in tire reviews) you owe it to yourself to try Michelin or a Pirelli brand (I.e. Metzler) the way I see it is black and white tv with rabbit ears worked "good enough" to watch tv but why, when there's now 4K led screens out there with definition so good that it feels like you are there, ok rant over.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have yet to find anyone who has beat Jake Wilsons prices. Some have come close but his free and fast shipping has me coming back every time I need tires.

Thanks Camaro-you were right,and my Michelin scorchers were 10.00 less on the frnt.and 20.00 less on the rear,compared to J&P cycles.I'll go with Jake Wilson on my next ones.

I saved over $150 by buying from JW as opposed to my HD dealer, but did pay for the mounting nearly a wash.
Also the service dept said they replaced my rear taillight because the brake light function did not work, actually the front brake light function works fine, the back brake light function does not, it's the rear brake light switch, had this same problem about 5 years ago or so, I think because of where it is down by the exhaust, it is destined to fail eventually

I like the Dunlop American Elite, good mileage from each on previous set ~ 12-13K

Did you consider 90 degree valve stems? I'm going to put them on, the next time I change tires. Makes it easier check and fill tires (particularly the back tire on a touring bike like mine) than having to snake thru the brake disc and all that!

I have the straight valve stem because of the tubed tire. If I could go tube less I'd use the 90 degree stem.

I have the straight valve stem because of the tubed tire. If I could go tube less I'd use the 90 degree stem.

I'm not sure if I have tires that have tubes or not, to tell you the truth. I suppose if I have tubes, I may not have a choice on the valve stem.

The next time I have to get tires I suppose that's worth considering.

Back