free website stats program New Tires | Harley Davidson Forums

New Tires

gator508

Experienced Member
Just got new rubber on the road. Dunlop American Elites which I ordered from Jake Wilson, $273 for both, free shipping, ordered on last Monday arrived Wednesday. Had MBHD mount them...that's the only down side $94 each.

Bought my last 4 tires from Jake Wilson and the last 2 were the American Elites.
Hard to beat his prices with quick free shipping.

That seems to be not cheap for the fitting
But then I always fit and balance my own tyres the bike shop I use say that I am the only one they know that fit there own tyres
When I was a you rider almost all motorcyclists fitted their own tyres or got a mate to do them
However that may have been a long time ago and only seems like yesterday

Brian

You need to find and indy Russ. That is very steep for mounting and balancing.

Russ; Was that drive in drive out price for mounting, or carry in cary out? My indie gets $24 ea. mount/bal. carry in. My old one did $15, but he retired.

That was drive in drive out price. The indy I used here once went out of business, no one else has yet to step forward.:( If I had the means to mount and balance myself I would.

I have used the same tyre tools since 1977 although I may have perhaps bought rim protectors and some more tyre soap since then my wee jig for balancing I knocked up out of a few bits of wood

Brian

I checked that Jake Wilson,but they only have rear tires in stock.Also something confusing,for an fxdwg w/abs they at least had my year,without abs,only older years.abs is now standard equip. on Wideys.Is this place kinda hit or miss,or do they usually have all model tires in stock?

I've done quite a bit of business with them and they usually have a pretty large selection of tires.

I checked that Jake Wilson,but they only have rear tires in stock.Also something confusing,for an fxdwg w/abs they at least had my year,without abs,only older years.abs is now standard equip. on Wideys.Is this place kinda hit or miss,or do they usually have all model tires in stock?
I have never heard of tires being different for ABS equipped bikes. Is this something new?
tourbox

Back