free website stats program New Rider info | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Rider info

Tools at home are pretty straight forward, basic 3/8" drive socket set in SAE & Metric sizes...Torx and Allen Bit set w/Hex in "L" sets as well as drive adapters for small and large sizes to 1/4" & 3/8" drive respectively, with torque 3/8"drive (for SAE/Metric bolts) & 1/2" drive (for bigger jobs) wrenches and 1/4" drive handle (for small Torx/Allen/Screw fasteners). The factory HD Service Manual is a must, the Parts Manual and Electrical Troubleshooting manuals important and the all essential small "Road kit" per the attached...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_harley_davidson_topic/28710-tool_kit.html

Last edited:
Sunday Dec 5th 6-9 pm friends and family night @ Sears would be a good time to start collecting tools and Torque wrenches, and do buy the factory Manuals, Capital Jack:s

Fin676; What is a posidrive head screwdriver?? I've never heard that before.

Sorry wrong spelling should be pozidrive it looks like a phillips head but with additional much smaller blades between each of the main blades it is supposed to allow more torque to be applied before it slips out

Brian

This is great thanks everyone!

I really only plan to do the maintenance stuff, nothing major.
Fluid changes, brakes, some electrical etc.
I have majority of the tools that were listed above, so I am off to a good start!

If anyone has any other tips for me feel free to add them.
Anything, from cleaning tips, riding tips, you name it..

Thanks!

Happy holidays!

:worthy

Spend a few weeks browsing the self help tips in the forum and you should find all the info you would ever need
also try the search function and it should throw up a lot more stuff from old threads

Brian

Now that we are nearing Christmas it may be good to look into getting a lift. I got mine from Sears for under 100 bucks and it does just fine. You could problably find one even cheaper elsewhere but you will find that a lift is your best friend when servicing your scoot!

Back