free website stats program New member New nightster | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New member New nightster

Hi, I recently bought a bike, gthe guy i bought it from had put vance and hines pipes on it but couldn't find the baffles he had taken off. it didn't really bother me until i read this forum. Is there a way i can get new baffles or do i have to buy new pipes. I still have the original pipes that came with the bike, do i need to put them on for now to make sure i don't ruin the vance and hines pipes.

Thanks for the advice and the link, i live less than 10 miles from a big harley dealer. I'll just stop in there and get the baffles.

I have an 09 Nighty,and I had the dealer put on V&H Black SIDE SHOTS.,A fuel pack,and I put on a Bobber style air cleaner from Denniskirk.com.It is loud,it cackles,and pops a little when I let off a bit,it is nasty!!!I love it,I just got back from a 730 mile trip around Kansas,and got almost 50 MPG!!!Always run at least 91 gas in it.I bought it new last Aug,and I am getting ready to have my 5000 mile service done next week!I am wanting to put some mini apes on it,White walls,and the dealership is outragous on prices!!!I do have alot of tools,and am not afraid to try stuff,but I have really never worked on a bike before.If it wasnt so new ,I would try.

I have a 2008 Nightster and I had the Rinehart Exhaust slip-ons and they sound loud, it makes it sound like a drag competition bike. Its the sound I think you are looking for. They cost about $485 it could be a little more or a little less depends where you find them. I purchased mine through E-Bay and they were new from some chopper company that were selling them.

Hey, The cover that covers my fuse box and battery on the left side of
my 2009 Nightster comes out of its top fasteners too often. Does anybody
out there know of a way to tighten them up or fix this.

Kinda sad that you have to use a zip tie, but hopefully it allows you to pivot the cover so you do not have to replace it each time. Don't know the size, but they do have "reusable" types that have a small tab release...

WOW I didn't think it would be so easy!!!
You really gave me a HUGE piece of information (even though it was only where to
put a zip-tie) That battery cover just kept on falling down Sorry to hear
that yours fell all the way off

I have to say that after all of the nightmare projects that I have done, this
quick fix takes some of those pains away!!

THANKS AGAIN HOBBIT !!!!

Welcome to the forum form Missouri

A friend of mine across town has a set on his sporty and when ever he comes around I can hear him 2 blocks away and my neighbors always pop there heads out to see what all the noise is. There just a little to loud for me. On a longer trip I would think his would become a bit annoying being so loud. They sure are around town. Even the local fuzz notice him.

Back