free website stats program New member New nightster | Harley Davidson Forums

New member New nightster

fletch_1

i just got a 2009 nightster and its all factory. My first upgrade will be some new exhaust, i want my nightster to be LOUD!!!! and still sound like a harley. ive heard that cycle shack slip on's are loud and v&h short shots are loud as well but i want to be loud as possible with my new bike. Can you help me out?:)

Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new ride!

In the day I would have taken the short shots, but now real loud can be too loud......But that's me. Still like the sound from a distance though! :D

Walt

thanks everybody for the post...im thinking of going with the short shot's but im wanting it to be EXTREMELY loud so i would prolly get someone to remove the baffles out of them but if i go ahead with this idea will it still sound like a harley?

Listen to Hobbit, you will ruin a good set of mufflers that you will be needing in the near future and it sounds tinny and like a honda with the baffles out. Been there with a few friends that insisted it sounded GREAT, then a month or so later they bought slip ons. :D

It's not a very flattering sound with the baffles out, it's just loud but not a nice loud. Before you ruin the mufflers, remove them and start it up, try really hard to convince yourself that it sounds good and that you LIKE that sound.

okay thanks guy's...what exactly are the baffles?,might be a dumb question but o well....i noticed that v&h offer quiet baffles, if i got them would it make my short shots louder?

Welcome Fletch1, save your new "takeoff" HD OEM items...with local noise ordinances all the rage, it would be prudent to have them put back on when "certifying" or "registering your bike when inspection time comes.

Welcome to the Forums....Another kind of pipes Ive seen, and from what Ive heard, they are very comparable to the Short Shots, but I prefer the look of these, gives a more custom look to them. But check out the "Wet Dreamz" pipes on PIPE DREAMZ (714) 897-7473. But, of course, as everyone will tell you, make it ur own, dont go by our opinions bc they are bias to what we prefer.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Nightster. I would listen to Hobbit concerning the set up. I have an all black 08 Nightster and I just installed the very same setup with amazing sound and performance results. The short shots are exactly what you are looking for. No need to remove the baffles. The TFI gives me 10 more MPH on each gear before I have to shift not to mention the awesome deal they gave for being military and the great customer support. You can usually find a set of short shots and the SE filter kit on ebay for way less than retail. I installed the whole thing in about three hours on my patio while my three year old "helped me" by stealing my tools and any parts he could get his hands on. Love that kid.

Have fun.

Back