free website stats program New HD Synthetic? | Harley Davidson Forums

New HD Synthetic?

hd4evr

Banned
Is HD coming out with a NEW synthetic? The reason I ask is this: I stopped in my local HD dealer today, and they have all their synthetic transmission and primary oil on sale for $1.00 a quart, NO LIMIT! I'm gonna pick up a few qts. tomorrow. But WHY?

I like synthetic oil but not one oil into 3 compartments as harley suggest......

I use redline synthetics only!!
20/50-or60 engine (good flow cold excellent hot cooling)
MTL redline for primary
shock-proof heavy for trany

could it be they are going to carry only engine oil for all 3 compartments???? or did I loose the point and products for a dollar you are talking about ???

maybe use HDsyn. engine oil in engine & primary is ok but never in the trany by its' self.......

JUST MY WAY
signed....BUBBIE

Is HD coming out with a NEW synthetic? The reason I ask is this: I stopped in my local HD dealer today, and they have all their synthetic transmission and primary oil on sale for $1.00 a quart, NO LIMIT! I'm gonna pick up a few qts. tomorrow. But WHY?

I don't think HD has a fully synthetic oil for the engine, transmission, or primary (not recommended in the primary anyway!).

TQ

SYN3 is a full synthetic.Hey Glider where'd you get your degree in Rheology/Tribology?Don't google it either.

SYN3 is a full synthetic.Hey Glider where'd you get your degree in Rheology/Tribology?Don't google it either.

It's a hydro cracked dino oil, not a man made oil as other full synthetics are. Do some research on the base stock of the two.

Well, I went back and this is what's on sale for $1.00. Yes, that's the FULL price, $1.00. No limit.

HD Sport Trans for XL's
HD Semi-Synthetic for Primary and Trans for FL, FX, 4 and 5 speeds
HD Semi-Synthetic for Trans for FL, FX, 4 and 5 speeds next question.......is this OK to use in a new 6 Speed tranny?
99851_05_M_1e954.jpg

Back