free website stats program New handle bars for RG | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New handle bars for RG

amckay63, those measurements for Heritage bars are sure closer to reality than that chart for sure. I tend to believe they are really close and handle bars are really hard to measure not having a precise starting point/angle/standardization to start from. I'm really not into geometry or trying to figure out everything about measuring bars. I just know that most aftermarket bars for touring frames and especially for Roadkings seem to go with a lot of pullback making the end of the grips facing nearly rearward like an 1800's bicycle. My wrists hurt just thinking about those and long distance riding. Thanks for the post. :s

FifthGear, I agree with you completely. I think what most of us assume as "pullback" is getting our hands closer to our bodies, but in handlebar terms it seems that means how far the tips are from the base. And a lot of companies seem to think the way to to that is to just increase the bend and you end up with bars that put you're hands in a position like your on parrallel bars. Just MHO, but I think people who are looking to get their hands closer to their bodies with their hands in a more perpendicular position would be better served with mini-apes (or something of that nature with more rise) and just angling them back farther towards their body. Unfortunately, the only way to really tell if you are going to get the feel you're looking for with new handlebars is to find somebody who has a set you like on their bike or experiment with different bars (which could get kind of pricey) on your ride.

Last edited:
Back