free website stats program New handle bars for RG | Harley Davidson Forums

New handle bars for RG

ironmark

I would like to put a different handle bar on , one that will give me more rise & pull back , I would like a bar that I can use the stock wires & cables ect .

Check out a set of Heritage bars. They will give you both what you are looking for, chrome or stainless (stock)

i just installed wild 1 w0515 on my 08 road glide with abs, no cable or wire changes needed. all wires are in the 1.25'' bars, they are 2'' higher than stock and a little wider ..look great and very comfy for me.

For a 2008 or later Road King I have used (HD part #56902-08 FLHR HERITAGE-STYLE) they are stock bars on 2008 police Road Kings and are the same as Heritage bars but have the cut outs for the throtle sensor in them and they work with everything stock. Have not installed any on Road Glides though, but if Heritage bars fit these should.

Heritage bars without question. I've spent countless hours and money trying to find the perfect bars for the touring frame over the years and these Heritage bars are the bars that came out on top for the really long rides. Even though these days people often use the word "pullback" meaning closer to the rider, the term actually means the angle of the bars....more pullback meaning more like a wheelbarrow... less meaning more like drag bars. There is no doubt in my mind that for the really long rides the wrists must be kept as straight as possible rather than like a wheelbarrow, which puts the wrists in a twisted bind. Everyone has their preference I guess but keeping the wrists as straight as possible seems to make a huge difference in the long haul. If long distance comfort didn't matter I believe I'd have to go with something that looked cool and hope that I didn't have to ride that long so as to keep my facial expression looking as cool as the cool bars. My vote goes to the Heritage bars.

It may sound funny but in my opinion the Heritage bars are more comfortable on a touring frame than on the softtail Heritage. The softail seating position is lower and that makes the bars a little high which makes longs hauls less comfortable due to the arms being too high which causes fatigue. I guess on moderate length rides we can all take a lot of abuse for style but I'm way past looking cool for sacrificing comfort ...I'm more in to reaching the destination as refreshed as possible. It took me years to realize that a fake smile is not as good as a genuine one LOL

Last edited:
not familiar with the Heritage bars. Do you mean they come stock on the Heritage. Does anybody have some pics of the Heritage bars? Ive got a RG on order and am looking at different upgrades that others are . Thanks

See attachment,according to the chart the heritage bars have a 7'' rise,7'' center, 13'' pullback and 39'' width...the road glide 7''rise, 7'' center, 11''pullback 32 1/2'' width

Attachments

• DIMENSIONS.pdf
    14.2 KB · Views: 110
That's the problem we run into with non standardized measurements and from what point. The problem I have with that chart is that it also lists the roadking pullback at 11". I know for a fact that from the verticle plain where the handgrips come back there is a huge difference over the Roadking bars and the heritage bars making the Roadking bars angled backwards more like a wheelbarrow for example. Being lower than the Heritage bars, if measured from center as mounted, maybe a chart like this would be more accurate but in reality not even close. Mine measured as best I can from the top of verticle plain would be more like 8" pullback at MOST with grips on. Because they have a higher rise and angled back in the mount, which puts them closer to that chart measuring from mounting center to the end of the bar, it might put it with that charted pullback but that is misleading for sure. Very disturbing that one doesn't really know what he's getting until mounted at the individualized tilt rearwards to see how it fits. At least I have proven to myself that the angle of the grips on the Heritage are great for the touring frame. Shorter riders with less reach tilt them more downward which matches their height more and those taller riders with more reach tilted up more which fits their height and reach more. A great bar for fine tunning your comfort zone within a variety of peoples anatomy in my opinion.

Last edited:
See attachment,according to the chart the heritage bars have a 7'' rise,7'' center, 13'' pullback and 39'' width...the road glide 7''rise, 7'' center, 11''pullback 32 1/2'' width

The HD part #56902-08 FLHR HERITAGE-STYLE bars that I think they're talking about has an 8.5" rise (inside), 12" rise (tip-base outside) 11.5" center, 5" pullback and 31.25 width according to HD's handlebar measurement chart. I don't know what the OEM bar's P/N is, so can't compare that.

Back