free website stats program New Guy, Washington State | Harley Davidson Forums

New Guy, Washington State

Dragonknee

So.....after years of riding "Crotch Rockets" and realizing that I am not getting younger.... I decided it was time to buy a Harley. I worked at San Diego Harley back in 1978 and liked it but didn't have the money to buy at that time, so I bought a jacket. I still have the jacket and when I bought it I told myself one day I would buy a Harley and I would have the Jacket... Years later after supplying my need for speed... as in all things....stuff changes. I wanted the wife to come with me and ride but she wouldn't last long on the ZX12r or Hyabusa.... So.... I now have a 2001 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. Its a nice ride and has removed the stigma in my brain about Harleys. I have found that I like music and the comfort of riding the bike... the good part is that so does my wife.. I can take off for 2 or 3 hours and ride and then come back and get her and go ride 4 or 5 hours more... win/win.... So thanks for taking the time to read this and I'm here to enjoy the ride... Thanks

Welcome from Pittsburgh Pa.;)
You still have one of those speedsters in the stable ehh???????

Welcome from Pittsburgh Pa.;)
You still have one of those speedsters in the stable ehh???????
Naw, sort of gave up on the fast bikes... I survived 40 years riding fast bikes... My first fast bike in 77 was a Z1 900 Kaw and then on to a FJ1100 and then ZX10 and ZX11 and then ZX12r and in between Gsxr and R1 and GPz and well you get the idea... Its been a climb..now I'm ready to cruise with the wife and enjoy the day.....

Back