free website stats program New Guy Checking In | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Guy Checking In

JMHO....

FLHR (Road King) simply the Best in my book for an easy comfortable Ride... You weighing in at them number require a larger bike than a Sportster, maybe a Dyna but go for the Gusto... The King... Mine is the 09...

signed....BUBBIE

Just want to make a list of what felt comfortable so I can go back and test those models after I get my class and license over with.
Comfortable is a personal term. Many of the HD are comfortable to sit on for seat and handle bar placement.
You need what is comfortable for you both sitting and riding. Again someday you will own a bagger, but that also mean being able to handle a 900 pound bike. Personally starting out I would stay with the lighter heavy bikes Harley offers to start and maybe add a windshield and bags the more comfortable you get. Starting out with a heavy bike is ok though but more times than not when a newbie get the beegeezes scared out of him and drops bike or worse because of the heavy weight, you may scare yourself out of riding all together.

I appreciate all the help. I went around and sat on lots of used bikes and a few new ones. I sat on a Street Bob and even being only 5'10 I felt the foot controls were really really close. There were lots of various softails and they felt very very comfortable to sit on, both feet flat and sturdy. Definitely want to test one and see if I can ride it confidently. Im gonna just keep going around and poking around dealerships so I can get more ideas and prices and such. Definitely want to make an informed decision. Once again I appreciate the help from everyone.

The Streetbob is a very nimble bike, but long trips are not in the stars I rode mine from Fl to Sturgis and back

Well I officially rode my first Harley. Tested a 2016 Street Bob. The mid controls were perfect for my short legs. It felt very controllable for a new guy. I was extremely comfortable not only sitting on it, but riding it. Loved it! I plan to test alot more stuff.

The nice thing about test riding is the only cost to you is your time.
You'll know when you find the right fit. Good luck.

The nice thing about test riding is the only cost to you is your time.
You'll know when you find the right fit. Good luck.
Thanks! Think I might go again this weekend. I plan to try a softail at some point. I know this is opinion, but when would someone want a street bob over a fat bob, or the other way around?

Decisions, decisions. Advice a salesman gave me one time.... Which one will you still desire when half way through the payments to paying it off. That's the one you want for you will not be tired of it....;)

Just for the fun of it when you're out test riding, take a Street Glide or a Road King to be able to compare the larger bike for comfort.

Back